Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Xbox one

Started by Crazylegs, May 21, 2013, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

They have a shitload of explaining to do.

I love the 360 ( even after having my launch system RROD and then the replacement sent to me did the same after a few months, only for them to tell me you get 1 repair per year or some shit and just waited to buy the Elite w/ Jasper chip) and still have a shitload of games to check out since I can't play as much as I want these days and when i do, Skyrim and sports titles with my homies eat time up.

The reveal was lame and probably over exaggerated like a nun's tits  . I'm sorry microsoft...It isn't that much of a hassle for me to switch from one component on my TV to another. I love the NFL but I have a 24 hour channel in my cable package along with a box that can record anything I want for that matter. I also can choose what news / music / movies / I want to experience  ( without your box giving me recommendations) with a computer and this magical thing we call the internet.

and EA is so full of shit it makes me sick. 

kurtone

I know its still early, but is anyone thinking of jumping ship to ps4?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: kurtone on May 23, 2013, 10:01 AM
Yeah I'm definitely considering it, I like my Forza Motorsport games but I wouldn't miss any of the other exclusives, and the free online is huge bonus plus a few of my friends have changed to playstation , but I'm just going to wait to after e3 to make a choice at the moment i'm leaning towards the ps4 it seems a lot more powerful than the xbox.

Crazylegs

yeah, if it weren't for playstations god awful controller i would've already made the jump.

N0S3BLEED976

I'll probably own both, after all. I already own both the PS3 and Xbox 360 from this generation and don't regret it at all.

Crazylegs

this looks like it's going to be pricey as fuck though.

Jacob

Any word on if the PS4 will be backwards compatible?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

It's hazy, the old discs won't play on ps4. However, they are working on Gaikai, which could have old games playable through the cloud. For a price, probably.

Basically hold on to your current-gen systems.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

I'm not a vivid console player, but I have thought a while of getting a PS3. Pretty much just wondering if I should save up for a PS4 or just get the dirt-cheap PS3 and wait with the PS4 until prices drop. The sole reason is that PS has more exclusive non-PC games I'd like to play, and I would like to use it as basically a media center which I hear it does well.

Oh, and because the PS3 can play older games as well, right?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 23, 2013, 02:53 PM

Not necessarily, because I'll only get them in a few years when they are cheaper. I have no need for a new console right now anyway, since I'm too busy working off my backlog of current gen games :)

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Jacob on May 23, 2013, 04:05 PM
Oh, and because the PS3 can play older games as well, right?

Every PS3 model can play PSone games, but only the old fat PS3 with I think 80GB can play PS2 games, unfortunately.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on May 23, 2013, 04:22 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on May 23, 2013, 02:53 PM

Not necessarily, because I'll only get them in a few years when they are cheaper. I have no need for a new console right now anyway, since I'm too busy working off my backlog of current gen games :)
haha same here. I've got a stack of about 12 games I still need to finish on top of all the awesome games still coming out this year.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

kurtone

I'll own both eventually but looks like ps4 may get my money this fall, unless microsoft can just wow me at e3. Hopefully the playstations online will be better for the next generation.

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 23, 2013, 02:03 PM

yeah, if it weren't for playstations god awful controller i would've already made the jump.

Im not a fan of the playstation controller either, especially for playing shooters

bebo

Woah there, you sayin I can watch TV on my xbox... on my tv?!1

GROUNDBREAKING!!11ONE1

RoyalDeftonicBoy

So looks like the Xbox VCR its gonna cost $500 bucks
LOL

bright lights, big city

Yeah I'm waiting a year, but as predicted there are some monster games that have been shown today.
DERP

kurtone

Anyone watch Sonys conference? Just finished, I think ill be going ps4

N0S3BLEED976

Wow, Sony just destroyed Microsoft with their press conference.

Corleone

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jun 11, 2013, 06:13 AM
Wow, Sony just destroyed Microsoft with their press conference.

How so? Just curious, I don't want to watch both.

kurtone

Basically everything that microsoft is doing with used games and online requirements sony said they arent doing.

also, 100 bucks cheaper