Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Xbox one

Started by Crazylegs, May 21, 2013, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

ps3 games will be available through the gaikai stream service in 2014, question is what the library is going to look like, what it will cost and how it'll play.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Penicks on Jun 12, 2013, 05:53 PM
ps3 games will be available through the gaikai stream service in 2014, question is what the library is going to look like, what it will cost and how it'll play.
This is a huge factor for me. Definitely waiting to see what happens with Gaikai.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Penicks

not for me, i mean, i don't buy a new console to play old games

"yeah but what about having all those boxes under your television set penicks!!!"

who cares about all those boxes, i played on my ps2 a grand total of 2 times since i bought a triple in 2008

Jacob

Meh, for me it's mostly that there are some PS-exclusive titles and/or console-only games I haven't been able to play yet. It's not the end of the world if I don't get to play them, but if I were to finally get a console, I might as well get one that let's me do just that. And I do play a lot of old games on pc, I don't simply play what's new and cool. I try to avoid games that aren't worth playing years down the road.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

kurtone

So is anyone now considering getting the xbox one eighty?

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Cullision

It makes me wonder if they planned all of this. Like they wanted to see if they could get away with it, and if it didn't work they could pull a 180...

DeftonesNZ

I just won the day one edition Xbox One with Forza 5 and Ryse,a drink company over here is having a competition where you enter a code from their cans online and for 56 days straight they draw an entry and that person gets the Xbox One pack and I won the first day, stoked I did there was no way I was going to spend over $900 buying the stuff myself, now just have to wait till Nov 22 plus a little more for delivery, Ps4 has been my preference since announcement but there's alot stuff I've been finding out about the Xbox that has made it really appealing, even if I don't like it fuck it, it's free and I can sell it to get a PS4. Is anybody else getting one of next gen consoles when they launch?

kurtone

I preordered the PS4 from Amazon as soon as it was announced at E3.  Kind of wish I had preordered the Xbox as well since they reversed everything. So looks like I'll miss out on the Day One edition. Best Buy has them back in stock for in store pickup but I live three hours from a best buy and don't want to have to spend the gas money, or pay tax lol. I'll just wait until Amazon restocks.  I still don't like the idea of Kinect being forced onto consumers since its no longer mandatory. I preordered Cod Ghosts, Killzone: Shadow Fall and Watchdogs, but Watchdogs just got delayed, so I may pick up Ass Creed 4 so I have something non shooter to play.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah when I got my Xbox 360 slim I didn't want kinect with it but I guess it's kind of different this time as the Kinect is used a lot more outside of normal kinect games, like the voice recognition is so good on this new version it can be used to during normal games, for instance in Ryse you lead a group of soldiers and if you say "Fire Arrows" they will fire arrows and if your in a room with people talking it can find and isolate your voice,plus the kinect sensor does stuff like track how many people are in the room whilst staying logged in to everyones in the rooms own account and can swap between profiles automatically if you pass the controller to another player, the old Kinect was a gimmick and this new one might be aswell but as a piece of technology it's got me really excited, apparantly it can even read your lips in a pitch black room and can detect your heartbeat by measuring the colour and movements on your face.

kurtone

I don't think a lot of developers will jump on board with it. Maybe first party games because the developers feel like they will have to. Kinda like how the sixaxis is on ps3.  That's cool as shit you won one. You gonna pick up any other games for it?

DeftonesNZ

Probably none of the other release ones, theres not much that interests me and at over $100 a pop they're not cheap either, Watchdogs looked like a potential until it got delayed which sucks but really I'm stoked I won Forza with it out of the games available that was the only one I really wanted and would've bought myself, I'm thinking between that, Ryse and Fifa 14 which comes as a free download here I should be entertained till some more games come out, still can't believe I won I never win anything and the odds of me being drawn would have been so improbable because the competiton isn't like an entry per code, each time you enter a code you get more bonus entrys and I only did 6 cans which gave me 36 entries but a few other people had around 1000 entrys and a there were a lot who had around 300.

kurtone

Damn talk about luck. I think Dead Rising 3 looks ok, But that's really the only game that caught my eye. I never played the first one and didn't really like the second one.  There's really not much to get excited about for launch titles for either system.

DeftonesNZ

Dead rising looked alright but what I saw of the gameplay looked quite cartoony and rough like the jumping and running looked weird and unrealistic but it might improve before release, either way those zombie games are usually fun regardless, how could you not have fun with a sledge hammer taped to a concrete saw lol

kurtone

From what I read the framerate issues and bugs were worked out, I think Ryse was looking was pretty rough too.  Hopefully everything is ironed out before release.

DeftonesNZ

I don't have high hopes for Ryse either the button mashing sequences look like they'd ruin the gameplay, saw a newer clip of deadrising today in that snap machinima announcement and it looks alot better, the movements are natural in the early gameplay it looked like the character was sprinting without really going anywhere, but I liked how the more tactical stuff has been introduced like when he's on the roof and he threw a brick through the window and dropped inside the building and the flares.

kurtone

Yeah from what I saw Ryse was more or less button mashing and QTE's. I went ahead and decided to see if I could score a day one edition from best buy. If not I'll probably wait until titanfall. Hopefully it won't get pushed back.

kurtone

Anyone here try the titanfall beta?

bright lights, big city

Nah, I don't have an xbox one, but I am keeping an eye on that game. Everything I hear about it sounds amazing.
DERP

kurtone

I'm really enjoying it. I've played about ten hours and it's only two maps lol. Will be picking up day one for sure.