Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Self-Titled Lovers

Started by pinkmaggit69, May 23, 2013, 04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkmaggit69

Check it:

Bands from Russia and Ukraine have recorded songs for tribute to Deftones self-titled album to commemorate Chi. Among bands contributed are Septa, Kevin Carter's Apology, Nasty Taste, Marta Prell and Vorvaň.

You can listen to all songs here:
http://soundrate.bandcamp.com/album/a-tribute-to-deftones-in-loving-memory-of-chi-cheng

You can download it for free.  Hexagram is pretty good....most of the songs are pretty bad, but I found myself laughing my ass off during Good Morning Beautiful. 

Enjoy!

Drinks won't stain this birth!

only pieces remain

great intentions but...horrible :-X

luisch

Damn, battle axe sound horrible, Hexagram its ok, Minerva its very good, but man, Battle Axe :(

Great intentions, thanks for put it here
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Inkblades

I would love a Deftones cover album...but, you know, with good bands.

Still, the thought is nice.

Penicks

god damn it there are some shitty bands in existence

DeftonesNZ

Yeah this album is pretty horrible, i saw it a couple of days ago but didn't listen to it because I thought they would murder the songs  but I ended up listening to it today and it killed me a bit inside lol. Especially the vocals wtf is with all the uneccesary growling and shit like in good morning beautiful I thought this bands are meant to be fans of Deftones why'd they butcher there songs like that.

sing blue silver

Terrible. That version of Good Morning Beautiful was pretty fucking hilarious though.

Starz

Haha I actually thought Battle-Axe was ok. The melodic vocals over the top of the screaming was pretty cool and different to the original...and the ending in fact where there is no singing/screaming was pretty cool too.

Hexagram and Needles and Pins were also pretty good too I thought. I just hate programmed acoustic drum samples..it sounds so obvious and non-human like. Get a real drummer!

Romain

"Loving" memory, eh? I think Chi would still like it though haha.

Electron§

The only one that's decent is "Deathblow". The rest sound like complete shit. Also the production is horrible. I do like what they did with the "Carnivals empty" part of "Bloody Cape" though....

therealdaebat

Most of the issues lie in vocals. 
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

pony_01

Moana version is awesome! yes, the screaming kinda unnecessary..

Jacob

Heh, I really liked the verses in Moana. Sounds really dark and disturning. But the chorus was lame.

Needles & Pins was alright too. The rest was pretty damn shitty. What's with all the god damn screamo vocals? Is there no other way to sing/scream these days?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deftones47

Quote from: Inkblades on May 23, 2013, 06:10 AM
I would love a Deftones cover album...but, you know, with good bands.

Still, the thought is nice.

Northcal

Ahhh the last great deftones album !! :-X