Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Finding Joseph I" - HR (Bad Brains) documentary

Started by Martin, May 25, 2013, 11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

So, recently this clip of a documentary about HR from the Bad Brains was posted in the Deftones part of this forum...and I followed the links...turns out the whole documentary is crowd funded....and uhm...doesn't seem like it'll get done...
Pity...would really like to see this...anyone else?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hrdocumentary/hr-finding-joseph-i
HRdocumentary.com

SwerveCityUSA

It will, it will take time. And finally people can know a little bit about the bible, the roots of modern music, and simply a great person. It's going to be magnificent.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Martin

Hope you're right...the kickstarter project ends within 10 days. And there's still a lot of money to be raised. Hopefully it'll work, in this way, or another.

black coffee

my apologies if the answer is obvious , but did you fund the project?

Martin

Quote from: black coffee on May 26, 2013, 04:11 PM
my apologies if the answer is obvious , but did you fund the project?

Who? Me? Fund...well, I did become a 'backer' of this project recently, yup. Why?

Martin

Target is reached!
Wow!
Docu will be finished!

SwerveCityUSA

in the old classic fashion of artists that did like paintings and shit, they and their work was never considered great until 200 years after they died. same story it's going to be with guys like H.R.

Martin

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Jun 09, 2013, 08:07 PM
in the old classic fashion of artists that did like paintings and shit, they and their work was never considered great until 200 years after they died. same story it's going to be with guys like H.R.

Usually that's true, although...the relevance of the Bad Brains has been properly acknowledged and praised. Think this goes for H.R. as well, seeing how this film is being made. At least some people see it :)

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I think Bad Brains and H.R have been acknowledged thanks to guys like Chino, they influenced a lot of today's musicians and now those musicians are acknowledging the influence and in the process introducing the music to a whole new generation through stuff like covers and interviews. Also I don't think that greatness after 200 years thing really applies that much any-more, people just don't appreciate stuff full stop because they are used to having instant access to  so many resources, people like Van Gogh would just be lumped in with the rest of the shit that floods the internet and would just be ignored forever instead of being post posthumously discovered , and it's sad but I often think if people like Jimi Hendrix were from this generation they would never be recognised.

SwerveCityUSA

That's why greats like Jimi weren't from this generation, they were all musicians from god, John Lennon, The wailers, I could go on forever. they were chosen to be from the time they were. and no, none of them have been acknowledged to anywhere near there full extent. that's perfectly fine, it's there documents that will be seen as not only impacting things of today, but a manuscript of guidance in the future.

Hank

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Jun 18, 2013, 04:26 AM
That's why greats like Jimi weren't from this generation, they were all musicians from god, John Lennon, The wailers, I could go on forever. they were chosen to be from the time they were. and no, none of them have been acknowledged to anywhere near there full extent. that's perfectly fine, it's there documents that will be seen as not only impacting things of today, but a manuscript of guidance in the future.

Truth.

Glad this is getting made.

Greatest frontman in the history of music and one of the (if not) most technical bands to ever lay their paws on some instruments.
His work as a solo artist is also very underrated.

If this documentary is anywhere near the effort of the " Band in D.C." doc made for the Brains, It will be just as great.

Bless

SwerveCityUSA

yeah his solo stuff is my favorite. the summer of '05 I headed to new Orleans with a bag of weed and only bob marley cds and rock for light in my hand, then in 07 I discovered Charge and singin in the heart. oh yes the luv tapes and human rights '87 LP. I feel sorry for those who miss out on them.

the deft ones

Spent all day looking for that Band in D.C doco (never heard of it before Hank).
It's not on the PirateBay - can anybody point me in the right direction by any chance, would really like to see that?

Hank

Quote from: the deft ones on Jun 19, 2013, 01:00 PM
Spent all day looking for that Band in D.C doco (never heard of it before Hank).
It's not on the PirateBay - can anybody point me in the right direction by any chance, would really like to see that?

http://www.punktorrents.com/

the deft ones

That one wasn't working for me for some reason - will keep trying tho.
Cheers.

DeftonesNZ

Does anyone know what's happened to this now? I looked on the kickstarter page and couldn't see if it's out, but I did notice one of the pledge rewards is an exclusive HR song produced by Chino.

Martin

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Aug 05, 2013, 06:40 AM
Does anyone know what's happened to this now? I looked on the kickstarter page and couldn't see if it's out, but I did notice one of the pledge rewards is an exclusive HR song produced by Chino.

Work in progress. Some stuff is being send out, MP3 is being mixed. Etc.

SwerveCityUSA

I can't wait till this and the brains doc comes out so the children of today and even yesterday can find out that they missed out on the coolest band and singer ever.

deftoneseba

http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.