Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Karnivool - Asymmetry

Started by play, Jun 15, 2013, 03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

play

DeftonesNZ

I like this better than the refusal but it still felt flat, it just sort of plateaus , it builds up all this tension but never goes anywhere I was waiting for some epic breakdown but the song just fizzled out, I think I lot of it is with the vocals Ian just seemed to stay the same just mild throughout and never broke out.

play

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jun 15, 2013, 04:51 AM
I like this better than the refusal but it still felt flat, it just sort of plateaus , it builds up all this tension but never goes anywhere I was waiting for some epic breakdown but the song just fizzled out, I think I lot of it is with the vocals Ian just seemed to stay the same just mild throughout and never broke out.
I get you what you mean.
I think this song is genius though
I love the unorthodox structure, and the vocal phrasing over all of the rhythms.
Amazing melodies

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I like what everyone was doing and how they all sort of danced around each other but I just wanted there to be a moment where all the sudden they would all get on the same groove and just get epic but it didn't happen which disappointed me, especially considering the length of the song there was plenty of time to take the song in different directions.

N0S3BLEED976

Yeah, the song's cool and all, but I also hoped for a something more exciting to happen. I'll still wait for the full LP, though, since Sound Awake is to me one of the best albums of all time