Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

How many albums have the deftones still in them ?

Started by Caín, Jul 01, 2013, 02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caín

Let's make an educated guess here.

I think Koi No Yokan was their last. They seem creatively bankrupt and Chino is spending more and more time in other projects.

pony_01

Quote from: Caín on Jul 01, 2013, 02:31 PM
... They seem creatively bankrupt ...

for real man? Entombed? Leathers? Poltergeist? Goon Squad? Tempest? Lack of creativity???????

Capt Snow

A successor to KNY and Eros will be the last two Deftones albums. So I guess one new album is still in them.

defburn

I think Koi No Yokan was their last. They seem creatively bankrupt and Chino is spending more and more time in other projects.

creatively bankrupt      ,   What's this Shit !!!!!!

ANattyRat

They're absolutely not creatively bankrupt. You may feel like their new music isn't creative, but they have loads of energy and passion and, therefore, creativity left in them. That is why Chino's got a few side projects going on. Because, like he said, he likes hanging out with his friends and making music together, seeing where it takes them. Whether or not any of us like their album(s), you can't deny they're enjoying themselves and they're all very happy with where they are right now, certainly musically. Even Stephen telling Chino he likes the lyrics on Koi No Yokan when he's never commented on his lyrics before. None of this adds up to creatively bankrupt.

I think one or two albums. Two is a bit of a stretch, but they still seem like they want to push even more boundaries and are still enjoying the process, so no doubt they can make two if they still feel that way. I think when they stop, it'll be more about slowing down, spending more time with their loved ones and etc. rather than it being because they have no more creativity.

defsteve

Special needs education doesn't count.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Capt Snow

Quote from: defsteve on Jul 01, 2013, 10:15 PM

This is how OP must feel:

Quantum Leap - I'm retarded?

SwerveCityUSA

It's almost amazing how much the muse has blessed this group on their 7 LP's and even from their early 90's songs even before Like Linus. Now here they are matured men at their creative apex, I only wish Chi could be included on their greatest voyage yet.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

jaypayton

They should have broken up after Chi got in the accident. As far as I am concerned, the Deftones ended that night

SwerveCityUSA

elite54

Yet you still spends hours and hours on here repeatedly telling everyone they suck now. We get it, you hate them, why are you still here?

luisch

Quote from: jaypayton on Jul 01, 2013, 10:36 PM
They should have broken up after Chi got in the accident. As far as I am concerned, the Deftones ended that night

This is a song for you

deftones - Xerces
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Capt Snow on Jul 01, 2013, 10:21 PM
Quote from: defsteve on Jul 01, 2013, 10:15 PM

This is how OP must feel:

Quantum Leap - I'm retarded?
Haha classic,this thread is pointless any answer would just pure speculation the only reason he started it was to get attention, I guess he likes the feeling of superiority he gets when he tells us we all have bad taste in music.

digital bath

deftones are on a high fly, I'm sure they play some more years and make a few albums.
whether the (hardcore)fans like it too, is another story.

Inkblades

They don't seem like they will be slowing down anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they went for another decade.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: digital bath on Jul 02, 2013, 01:01 PM
deftones are on a high fly, I'm sure they play some more years and make a few albums.
whether the (hardcore)fans like it too, is another story.

the hardcore fans are the only ones that do like it, and luckily newer fans come along to keep the money flow going.

SwerveCityUSA

why don't people talk about groups like the stones or somebody quiting, thing is they should have long ago. deftones shouldn't, not only because they actually make good music, but because they're entire intention was longevity from the start. 25 years deep already.

Crazylegs

You must be smoking. I'm not a big stones fan myself, but the they've made some truly timeless music throughout the years, and will forever be more relevant than deftones in the big "music picture".

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jul 02, 2013, 10:58 PM
You must be smoking. I'm not a big stones fan myself, but the they've made some truly timeless music throughout the years, and will forever be more relevant than deftones in the big "music picture".

I'm not smoking, but nice try on the cliché. But now after what you've said, I know your on heroin.

what's so timeless about their music, because they make the type of songs that are easy to market, with no sense of feeling? yeah that sounds like the billboard charts to me too.

and you said it in reverse, they will forever be more relevant than the deftones in the ability to make money, than in the actual "big music picture" which includes actual music that was creative an artful, and embodied the holy spirit. people look for that type of high art until the end of time. druggies ripping off bad blues licks will easily be forgotten.