Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones City Gardens 1985?

Started by NYHC, Jul 02, 2013, 08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYHC

If you go to:

http://www.citygardensnj.com/showdates.htm

...and click on 1985-1986 and go to Feb 23rd 1985, it says Deftones? How can that be. Chino would have been like 12? Anyone else see this?

Heres a screenshot...

Inkblades

Can't be, since they formed in '88. Probably a typo.

SwerveCityUSA

I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

NYHC

City Gardens is one of the best underground clubs on the east coast ever. Look it up. Every metal, punk, hardcore band played there. Ive been there many times. I saw Ministry, Bad Brains, Faith No More and Black Flag there.

SwerveCityUSA

bad brains and faith no more and deftones are the best bands ever so cool.

NYHC

Yea it must be a typo. Wiki says founded '88. Funny I never heard of another band with the name Deftones.

SwerveCityUSA

it's definitely a typo but that's alright, it's good history you have brought to our attention. kind of like cbgb's

pony_01

maybe they do a time travel back to 85 and played a show for little chino so he can make a band called deftones. maybe..

cvthedrv

Quote from: pony_01 on Jul 03, 2013, 05:13 PM
maybe they do a time travel back to 85 and played a show for little chino so he can make a band called deftones. maybe..

yes, maybe that's what 'rosemary' is talking about.

DeftonesNZ

I think you guys are right about the time travel thing I did some research and found some pretty solid evidence lol
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Adekhine

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jul 06, 2013, 10:12 AM
I think you guys are right about the time travel thing I did some research and found some pretty solid evidence lol
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

lol, awesome