Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Bridge

Started by chick de la lynch, Jul 16, 2013, 07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chick de la lynch

Has anyone watched this? I had to check this show out because they used PJ Harvey's "Down By the Water" in the trailer.

I saw the first episode and I liked it. Demian Bichir is fantastic as always (He was Esteban Reyes, if anyone gives a shit about Weeds) and sexy. Diane Kruger's character gets on my nerves due to her Asperger's, which means she's doing a pretty damn good job, too. I'm very interested in seeing how they talk about Juarez and the politics associated with that.

I'm not obsessed with it yet, but I'll be sticking with it. I hope it gets better as it progresses.

bright lights, big city

I'm in on this show too. I like Diane Kruger, but I can see where in the future where her character could get annoying. It's a thin line between genius acting and a little over the top. Plus Ted Levine and his awesome voice.

The setting and political potential is what I'm stoked about. This show could have The Wire potential when it comes to social issues. Definitely not there yet, but I like the effort they're putting forth with the creepy guy doing his best Ted Levine impression, Agent Reyes as the the random trophy wife, and they bring in the media with Matthew Lillard.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

schlueter

That sons commercial playing nin into gta-v trailer was better than the show

chick de la lynch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 16, 2013, 01:08 PM
The setting and political potential is what I'm stoked about. This show could have The Wire potential when it comes to social issues. Definitely not there yet, but I like the effort they're putting forth with the creepy guy doing his best Ted Levine impression, Agent Reyes as the the random trophy wife, and they bring in the media with Matthew Lillard.

I didn't think about it that way until you mentioned it. It definitely has Wire potential, but we'll have to wait and see how the season moves along. So far it's coming out strong.

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 16, 2013, 01:08 PM
Plus Ted Levine and his awesome voice.

YES. Hillbilly Jews FTW!

bright lights, big city

Heard on a podcast yesterday that there are lofty plans for the show. Like how this serial killer is just a start, and they would like to delve deeper into politics and other stuff in the area. Not just be limited to a police show.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

That puts me at ease because I think the politics are the real driving force of this show. The topic of Juarez and the murdered women alone could provide endless amounts of material for the series. I'm really looking forward to what else they have in store.