Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

My lil Team Sleep Demos tribute soundcloud page thing

Started by Bza々, Aug 16, 2013, 04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bza々

So, over the last year during off time I have took Damn near every Team Sleep demo ever made and made slight alterations to them using FL studio producer edition just to enhance quality really. I didn't do anything to any of them that would fuck with the originality of the song. I just did shit like add slight reverb to certain songs, bass, altered treble and mid levels, rendered at 320kbps etc.

Some of the songs are getting close to the download limits so I figured I'd let y'all know in case you're interested in grabbing them because I'm not doing the shit again or making another soundcloud or paying for a premium one. I might winrar all of em and put em on the pirate bay eventually but I'm hella lazy these days so who knows.

The only ones I haven't done yet are table of contents and boulevard nights instrumental. But I don't think anyone gives a shit about those anyway. Let me know if you can find anymore I haven't touched yet. Pretty sure those are the only 2.

So ya, link is below and you're welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/bdotexe

nicklav

DeftonesNZ

I can see Gridlock, Lppp,Fri Night Cleanup ,Doomed User and Magnum Manipulator are missing aswell as the other versions of Formant (m,v2.0,12) and I don't know if it counts but Alone Well Spent by Crook. You've done a good job on those ones, it's weird though for some of them like Just Kidding I prefer the rougher version it kind of suits the song and has the warm vinyl sort of sound.

Bza々

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Aug 16, 2013, 05:41 PM
I can see Gridlock, Lppp,Fri Night Cleanup ,Doomed User and Magnum Manipulator are missing aswell as the other versions of Formant (m,v2.0,12) and I don't know if it counts but Alone Well Spent by Crook. You've done a good job on those ones, it's weird though for some of them like Just Kidding I prefer the rougher version it kind of suits the song and has the warm vinyl sort of sound.

lol shit, guess I got more than just 2 to do. Thanks though man. As for formant, Ya I have each different version. I might get around to doing all of them, but they're really not all that different from each other so IDK. I'll probably do some this weekend so just check back occasionally.

Bza々

it's weird though for some of them like Just Kidding I prefer the rougher version it kind of suits the song and has the warm vinyl sort of sound.

Wait, what? Rougher version? Only version I know of JK is the one I have up there and I just extended it by like 2 minutes. There's a different version of Just Kidding? Or are you referring to the same one but the original 1 minute long version?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Bza々 on Aug 16, 2013, 09:12 PM
it's weird though for some of them like Just Kidding I prefer the rougher version it kind of suits the song and has the warm vinyl sort of sound.

Wait, what? Rougher version? Only version I know of JK is the one I have up there and I just extended it by like 2 minutes. There's a different version of Just Kidding? Or are you referring to the same one but the original 1 minute long version?
Yeah I'm talking about the untouched 1 minute  one that sounds worse quality than your one and has like a constant static sound but I was saying how the static thing kind of suits the song, kind of makes it sound nostaglic and warm like an old vinyl record.

Bza々

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Aug 17, 2013, 01:50 AM
Quote from: Bza々 on Aug 16, 2013, 09:12 PM

Yeah I'm talking about the untouched 1 minute  one that sounds worse quality than your one and has like a constant static sound but I was saying how the static thing kind of suits the song, kind of makes it sound nostaglic and warm like an old vinyl record.

The one I have up is the same exact song. I didn't remove any static, all I did was extend it. I got it off of Team Sleep's myspace page so it's legit.

DeftonesNZ

I think I know what it was then I played the orignal through spotify and your one on VLC which has my EQ settings

Edit: Actually I just think I have a bad quality version as I can still hear the difference in VLC the one i've got is a quiter recording and sounds a bit more mellow