Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones+Family?

Started by Jerry_Curls, Aug 19, 2013, 08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry_Curls

Do your parents like Deftones? Do they hate them? What songs do they like? How about your siblings, can they stand your obsession with this band?

I have been blessed to have a family that enjoys Deftones. My parents let me skip school so I could wait in line for their concerts. My mom likes them. My dad's favorite tracks are "Be Quiet and Drive" and his new one is "Rosemary". He also like the part during MX when Abe's wife is talking, he gets a laugh out of it. He also happens to like all of Chino's side projects.

My brother and sister are big fans like I am. They took me to my first show when I was 10. We all have tattoos devoted to this fucking band. My sister went to the Deftones/Fall of Troy concert when she was pregnant. 2 years after my nephew was born, we found out he had autism. My sister would drive with Gabriel since he was a toddler, jamming out to Deftones, especially Diamond Eyes (the album). One of the first songs I ever heard him hum was "Diamond Eyes".  ;D
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

sing blue silver

My sister thought Chino was hot back in the day. One of my biggest achievements as a kid was getting her to put up some pictures of Chino in her room to balance out some of the Leonardo Dicaprio and Backstreet Boys posters. My mother and father don't like loud music. My dad at least has some decent taste but my mother is a lost cause pretty much. As for my brother, I stole my first Deftones record from him. He didn't seem to notice though. He listened to Deftones and KoRn for a short time at the height of their popularity. Nowadays he's more about hip hop and generic rock. My fandom is looked on a bit strangely these days by my family.

ANattyRat

My brother likes Wiz Khalifa and Drake and etc. and he thinks any singing without auto-tune is terrible. My dad doesn't really like many bands these days, but he likes to mock me and say Deftones sounds like System of a Down and that they copy Japan because of their cover of Ghosts (he loves Japan), etc. My mum, on the other hand, LOVES Deftones. I got her into them, but she loves them so much that whenever I go see them, it's basically a given that she goes with me. She thinks Chino is sexy, and I'm not sure what her favourite song is, she has a few. Rosemary, Diamond Eyes, Elite, Korea, Passenger, I think.

DeftonesNZ

Parents don't really get into music as much as they used to,I remember as a kid they would listen to cd's all the time but never nowadays but if I'm playing Deftones they'll say something like he's got a nice voice, Sisters annoying though she'll hear me playing a song she likes and she'll ask what it's called and then she will just listen to that one song loads for like a week, she never actually listens to an album, she's the kind of person who's music collection is a bunch of singles ripped from youtube lol so I guess Deftones are still an improvement.

x Rx King x

I've known about Deftones since Around the Fur came out, but I didn't get obsessed with them until a little before SNW came out (I know, shun me.) My mom is a huge DMB fan, so she's not really into any heavier stuff. My dad, however, loves metal, so he is keen on Deftones. I've had the pleasure of seeing Deftones two times, both in my home town of Orlando, FL (May of 2011 and March of this year), my third will be in October. Both of those shows, my dad was front and center with me, moshing til our faces hit the floor during Swords, and has even witnessed Chino and I swapping endless amounts of high fives during Hole in the Earth. Needless to say, I'm blessed with at least one parent who enjoys Deftones. Maybe not to the insanely high degree that I do, but he puts it best when he says, "If it's a Deftones song, it's a hell of a song." I have a long-time girlfriend who likes Deftones as well, but we're talkin' blood relatives, right?

N0S3BLEED976

My parents don't care for Deftones at all. It's like I have a childish obsession that hopefully goes away as I grow older. My sister gets quite angry when I listen to songs like Elite or Rats!Rats!Rats on loud volume. However she at least admits that their songs without screaming are okay and a handful others even pretty good. She even starts to sing along the chorus of Swerve City while she's in my room and I play it. So that's at least something.

deftones47

I'm the only one in my family who likes any metal, let alone Deftones.