Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Robocop (2014)

Started by RoyalDeftonicBoy, Sep 06, 2013, 12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

:o

ROBOCOP - Official Trailer (2014) [HQ]

I dont like what Im seeing, then again it is no surprise......No Clarence Boddicker, no real Robocop.

bright lights, big city

looks groin-grabbingly good.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

Looks like shit.

How dare they tarnish the memory of Robocop?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

Well as a huge fan of the Peter Weller days, I'm all in for this one. The good director and stellar cast helps, so I'm hoping it can pull a Dredd and be a solid movie. Love the black Daft Punk suit, and the updated ed-209 looks cool.

Only problem I have is them showing him dying in the first fucking trailer. And it being a quick death. Original was so brutal with his hand, and ohh jeez now I want to go watch it again.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Rumor has it that it will be PG-13. Fuck that shit.

Jacob

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 07, 2013, 03:07 PM
Well as a huge fan of the Peter Weller days, I'm all in for this one. The good director and stellar cast helps, so I'm hoping it can pull a Dredd and be a solid movie. Love the black Daft Punk suit, and the updated ed-209 looks cool.

Only problem I have is them showing him dying in the first fucking trailer. And it being a quick death. Original was so brutal with his hand, and ohh jeez now I want to go watch it again.

And that's just the problem I have with this. The old movies were brutal and made you feel pretty uneasy, and at the same time made you laugh. This movie seems to lack that entirely (as Theis said, it will be pg-13). It's just another stereotypical orgy in CGI. It might be an entertaining movie in itself, but it won't be a worthy successor to Robocop.

This is a typical example of the creators thinking it will be better as long as it's "cooler", flashier, and MOAR of the AWESUM STUFFS.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

damn yeah, pg-13 could be a killer.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 07, 2013, 07:40 PM
damn yeah, pg-13 could be a killer.

Dont forget the lifetime scene of "Alex, you need to speak to you son!" ¬¬'

SwerveCityUSA

lets be real, the originals suck and this will too. shit is a joke, sure I guess if you're that bored, enjoy.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

theis

^ You're retarded.

The first Robocop is one of the best action films ever.

bright lights, big city

DERP

SwerveCityUSA

those predictable B movies aimed at couch stoners are aweful.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat