Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

RIP Deftones 1995-2006

Started by jaypayton, Sep 16, 2013, 10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaypayton

Bottom line is anyone who thinks DE or KNY are masterpieces and the best Deftones albums ever are just hipster trendy posers. The REAL Deftones are Adrenaline, White Pony, ATF,SNW and S/T. Somewhere along the way (2010) they started appealing to the Reading Fest type of crowds, lot of hipsters, lot of posers, lot of newbies who don't know shit. Fucking Arcade Fire and Arctic Monkey fans mostly. Kind of like how the Chili Peppers abandoned their sound and went from a punk band to poser sellouts. Last Deftones show I went to, people were standing next to me who had no fucking clue what album Hexagram was from and had no clue that Lotion was from ATF. All they knew was the "singles" and the new shit.....Its 2 different bands 1995-2006 era and post 2008 era. end of discussion

deftoolsys07

Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

pixElsblUr

Nebontha

QuoteLast Deftones show I went to, people were standing next to me who had no fucking clue what album Hexagram was from and had no clue that Lotion was from ATF.
That could have happened at any fucking Deftones show, any time...
Stop hanging around the stupids.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

bebo

Quote from: jaypayton on Sep 16, 2013, 10:58 PM
Bottom line is anyone who thinks DE or KNY are masterpieces and the best Deftones albums ever are just hipster trendy posers. The REAL Deftones are Adrenaline, White Pony, ATF,SNW and S/T. Somewhere along the way (2010) they started appealing to the Reading Fest type of crowds, lot of hipsters, lot of posers, lot of newbies who don't know shit. Fucking Arcade Fire and Arctic Monkey fans mostly. Kind of like how the Chili Peppers abandoned their sound and went from a punk band to poser sellouts. Last Deftones show I went to, people were standing next to me who had no fucking clue what album Hexagram was from and had no clue that Lotion was from ATF. All they knew was the "singles" and the new shit.....Its 2 different bands 1995-2006 era and post 2008 era. end of discussion

Claims to have insider knowledge about the band? Check.
Claims the band has sold out? Check.
Claims to be irritated with new fans? Check.
Claims to have been a fan before they sold out? Check.

Confirmed for hipster trash.

godin

Quote from: bebo on Sep 17, 2013, 04:43 AM
Quote from: jaypayton on Sep 16, 2013, 10:58 PM

Claims to have insider knowledge about the band? Check.
Claims the band has sold out? Check.
Claims to be irritated with new fans? Check.
Claims to have been a fan before they sold out? Check.

Confirmed for hipster trash.
Dingus.

godin

for the record, I have been a fan since WP in 2000 when I was only 10 years old ( could make the same, if not a stronger argument that they sold out at that point) and I think their new albums are great. Yes, Chino may not scream much anymore but for heavens sake he is a SINGER first and foremost, always has been. He's also pushing 40 and not gonna be as eager to vent frustrations through screaming his head off like when he was 18-25.
Dingus.

pony_01

so, the guy who sang in koi no yokan is not chino moreno from 1996 who sang in adrenaline??????? DAMN!!!!!!!

pony_01

lock this thread. what a bullshit

Caín

You got that almost right.

It's
RIP Deftones (1989 -2002)

Capt Snow

Quote from: Caín on Sep 17, 2013, 08:59 AM

It's
RIP Deftones (1989 -1999)

Fixed that for ya, WP was when they sold out.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Capt Snow on Sep 17, 2013, 01:42 PM

It's

Commercial success and selling out are not the same things, by saying they sold out with white pony your impyling they wrote the album to fit the current trends in order to get money, which is just ridiculous

Capt Snow

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Sep 17, 2013, 01:56 PM
Quote from: Capt Snow on Sep 17, 2013, 01:42 PM

It's

Commercial success and selling out are not the same things, by saying they sold out with white pony your impyling they wrote the album to fit the current trends in order to get money, which is just ridiculous

I guess you're right, Adrenaline is the one and only real Deftones album. All the others were just being made for the money since Deftones knew people would buy em from that point on.

Rip Deftones 1989-1995

Sarcasm

therealdaebat

Band evolve and we're lucky they still put out music.  To include SNW in your 'real' deftones albums is kind of retarded.  That's when they really got the over produced stadium rock sound.  Everything before was much more 'clubby' in terms of how it was recorded.  I don't mind that they've strayed away from what they used to sound like because every album is still 50% gems and that's better than most bands that are nearly 20 years old.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

DeftonesNZ

I think as soon as you start using terms like real Deftones albums your argument loses weight, there is no such thing as a real deftones album any thing the band does is real Deftones because it's made by them, I'm still suprised how many fans are still locked into the early stuff, I don't mind people prefering the old stuff but those people aren't usually like that, in their heads what they prefer is the best and anything else is Deftones selling out or gone soft, if I don't like an album I don't see it as a band turning to shit it's just a band going in a new direction I'm not fond off I'm not going to go on forums for years and years after complaining about it I just go that's not for me and move on, I have also noticed those locked in fans often have very narrow musical spectrums and usually only listen to one certain of genre of music and reject anything different regardless because it's not what they're used to. End of the day I wish people would have more respect I just don't get how people feel the need to linger even though they haven't liked an album by the band in over a decade, they don't even stay to discuss the old material they just come here with the sole purpose of starting threads like this and telling fans of the new stuff they're wrong, just move on already.

pinkmaggit69

The scream at the end of Royal belongs in your date range.

Drinks won't stain this birth!

Martin