Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Don't Lock Threads

Started by therealdaebat, Sep 17, 2013, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therealdaebat

I'm kind of sick of seeing locked threads when people are discussing.  Yes, if a flame war has started up then you should moderate but you guys are here to moderate, not control what we talk about.  I'd never remove or lock discussion from r/deftones and I hope you guys reconsider how often you do it here.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Capt Snow

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Jacob

It's a private forum. GTFO if you don't like it.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

therealdaebat

Quote from: Jacob on Sep 17, 2013, 04:16 PM
It's a private forum. GTFO if you don't like it.

Shut up Jacob from Twilight.
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

pony_01

i found a thread that said deftones was over from 2006, while in fact they're still exist right now.
isn't that an excuse to lock a thread?

therealdaebat

Quote from: pony_01 on Sep 18, 2013, 08:35 AM
i found a thread that said deftones was over from 2006, while in fact they're still exist right now.

So you're saying because somebody has an opinion and isn't belligerent about it that we should censor it?
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

Jacob

QuoteBottom line is anyone who thinks DE or KNY are masterpieces and the best Deftones albums ever are just hipster trendy posers. The REAL Deftones are Adrenaline, White Pony, ATF,SNW and S/T

^ Not a very serious and good way to state your opinion and start a discussion. What is the point of feeding trolls and keeping threads that are sure to end up with bickering and shit-flinging? No one is censoring anything, if you think that's censorship maybe it's time to shed your rebellious teenager skin.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

therealdaebat

I'd say that if people are shit flinging then have the mods deal with it.  Otherwise the mature people will ignore it or just realize that it's a troll.  Besides, who comes to a forum dedicated to the band to talk shit about the band?  I think I just defined half of the users here...  The fact is, his ignorant post set up discussion for others that was actually interesting.  Ultimately you guys (mods) should do what you want because I don't come here as often as a lot of you so form your own community but realize that you'll only get out what you put in. 
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

pony_01

Quote from: therealdaebat on Sep 18, 2013, 12:37 PM
Quote from: pony_01 on Sep 18, 2013, 08:35 AM

So you're saying because somebody has an opinion and isn't belligerent about it that we should censor it?

locking thread isnt censoring. people can still see the thread. Aand, the opinion (about deftones ended in 2006) is OBVIOUSLY wrong.
i just cant tolerate that kind of opinion

people are people

Fuck this shit,  fucking assholes, and fuck off the apes luisch and penicks and deftonesnz (this guy is cool when he wants).
These jerks can make threads about blacks and say what the fuck they want.
They point their fucking fat finger at everything, i just hate hypocrites.
You can see comments by the mods in the thread about blacks and much more, guys like penicks, still around here,always trolling too,they can troll and we can't do nothing to stop it.

Right, it's not censorship, yep, I get it.

I don't care anymore...

bebo

Quote from: people are people on Sep 18, 2013, 08:32 PM
Fuck this shit, i was kicked of the forum forever by the fucking assholes,
I am only here because i know how to "hack" the forum, I know, i was trolling and saying stupid shits and using insults to the apes luisch and penicks and deftonesnz (this guy is cool when he wants).
These jerks can make threads about blacks and say what the fuck they want.
They point their fucking fat finger at everything, i just hate hypocrites.
You can see comments by the mods in the thread about blacks and much more, guys like penicks, still around here,always trolling too,they can troll and we can't do nothing to stop it.

Right, it's not censorship, yep, I get it.

I don't care anymore...

yeah just shut the fuck up pls

people are people

[/quote]

Bebo Go fuck yourself...Generally I like to speak serious without being rude, if every time that somebody speaks, it was to say something meaningful,
if the others can troll,i can troll too. Common sense is as rare as genius, shut the fuck up,you cunt. What is the problem if jaypatton made a thread that you don't like, you can ignore him or try to call him to the reason,the best option. You see the other guys trolling and nothing happens, so shut up cow,because anyone can read the rules of the forum and see the hypocrisy around here , stop being a hypocrite, because the mods can moderate instead of lock, or at least in the first place, give a public warning or apply the rules to everybody.wtf,people have different opinions and in some point of the conversation they will acknowledge that they are wrong. If you try censor them,nothings gonna change. You see guys like penicks always saying that everything sucks and he still around here and you have courage to say something haha. you are a genius.

DJR

DJR

QuoteBottom line is anyone who thinks DE or KNY are masterpieces and the best Deftones albums ever are just hipster trendy posers. The REAL Deftones are Adrenaline, White Pony, ATF,SNW and S/T

This is possibly the most stupid thing i have ever read......

bebo

Quote from: people are people on Sep 19, 2013, 10:10 AM

Bebo Go fuck yourself...Generally I like to speak serious without being rude, if every time that somebody speaks, it was to say something meaningful,
if the others can troll,i can troll too. Common sense is as rare as genius, shut the fuck up,you cunt. What is the problem if jaypatton made a thread that you don't like, you can ignore him or try to call him to the reason,the best option. You see the other guys trolling and nothing happens, so shut up cow,because anyone can read the rules of the forum and see the hypocrisy around here , stop being a hypocrite, because the mods can moderate instead of lock, or at least in the first place, give a public warning or apply the rules to everybody.wtf,people have different opinions and in some point of the conversation they will acknowledge that they are wrong. If you try censor them,nothings gonna change. You see guys like penicks always saying that everything sucks and he still around here and you have courage to say something haha. you are a genius.

Well clearly you were lying when you said you didn't care anymore. I think you were so angry when you wrote this mess you lost the ability to make much sense.

Regardless:

The shut the fuq up comment was mostly in regards to the 'hurr im only here cuz i can hack' line, I honestly don't really care about your mods=nazi opinion, mostly because 1) its so fucking old on this forum and 2) it came from you. If you came here for rational discussion, debate, and fair moderation and still haven't realized this forum is not facilitative for such outlets after your list of grievances, then jeebus, you deserve that extra chromosome.

If you truly do believe in rational discussion and debate on this forum, then you will realize that jaypatons original post in that thread was not conducive for either of those things. It was an argument that made sweeping generalizations, negated the validity of others opinions on the basis of 'lol hispter nubs', and concluded with 'end of discussion'. I may not be plato, but using my thinking skills I'll wager that nigger was not looking for any kind of legitimate discussion. He came in, shot his degenerate load, and left, which is not unlike how someone here was conceived. He essentially left us with the bottom line, 'anyone who disagrees is a trend following cumbubble' and wow'd the fuck out. I'm not even straw-manning with that because we know its true right from the very first statement he vomited out in that cluster fuck.

Now, here you stand thinking you hold the torch of freedom and lolberty, fighting against all that's wrong in the world. The guy started a thread that was doomed to being locked from the moment he hit send because of the above reasons. BUT BEBO EVERYONE ELSE TROLLS WITH THEIR OPINIONS AND THEIR SHIT DUN GET LOCKED OR BANNED LOL. This comes right back to the first paragraph. This is a private forum run by people that use their own subjective sense of judgement, which may sometimes be flawed, or flat out wrong or hypocritical. Knowing this and the fact that this turd of a forum is troll infested, don't come here expecting rational discussion and fair treatment. This isn't the southern poverty law center, or some bastion of fair treatment. Nigs gonna get their shit locked and banned from time to time, myself included. You're not overthrowing the oppressive white man any time soon, time to stop being so idealistic and either get your shit together or find somewhere else to go, since you're such a proponent of 'ignore what you don't like'. Otherwise you're just gonna get darwin'd.

So, stop using the locking of that shitty thread as a platform for your fit throwing. But you elicited a response from me on par with the rest of the retardation around here so I guess imma have to suck ya dick for that one. PM me if you're interested