Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Message to JAYPAYTON

Started by SwerveCityUSA, Sep 18, 2013, 07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwerveCityUSA

QuoteBottom line is anyone who thinks DE or KNY are masterpieces and the best Deftones albums ever are just hipster trendy posers. The REAL Deftones are Adrenaline, White Pony, ATF,SNW and S/T. Somewhere along the way (2010) they started appealing to the Reading Fest type of crowds, lot of hipsters, lot of posers, lot of newbies who don't know shit. Fucking Arcade Fire and Arctic Monkey fans mostly. Kind of like how the Chili Peppers abandoned their sound and went from a punk band to poser sellouts. Last Deftones show I went to, people were standing next to me who had no fucking clue what album Hexagram was from and had no clue that Lotion was from ATF. All they knew was the "singles" and the new shit.....Its 2 different bands 1995-2006 era and post 2008 era. end of discussion

hipster trendy posers? when did you get a deftones degree, how long have you even been into them? you know what, I don't even care because it doesn't make any difference. what matters is what you think of there music, and I hear nothing about that in your statement, I hear talks of groups and cliques and hating on people, nothing about the music. your type of opinion is the type that will soon drop and die.

My degree in deftones far surpasses anyone's here, but that's ok, it doesn't even matter, if I just discovered them today I would look at they're discography 1 by 1 and be blessed, period, just like with any other band. But i'd hate to say that I wouldn't enjoy they're past catalog as much as these 2 releases if I didn't already discover those albums in that time and place they were released.

The new albums are the perfection of the deftones and affirmation of everything they've done since Stephen's garage in '89.

listen to the song GIFT, and tell me you know something about deftones.

Locked.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Penicks

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Sep 18, 2013, 07:34 AM
QuoteBottom line is anyone who thinks DE or KNY are masterpieces and the best Deftones albums ever are just hipster trendy posers. The REAL Deftones are Adrenaline, White Pony, ATF,SNW and S/T. Somewhere along the way (2010) they started appealing to the Reading Fest type of crowds, lot of hipsters, lot of posers, lot of newbies who don't know shit. Fucking Arcade Fire and Arctic Monkey fans mostly. Kind of like how the Chili Peppers abandoned their sound and went from a punk band to poser sellouts. Last Deftones show I went to, people were standing next to me who had no fucking clue what album Hexagram was from and had no clue that Lotion was from ATF. All they knew was the "singles" and the new shit.....Its 2 different bands 1995-2006 era and post 2008 era. end of discussion

My degree in deftones far surpasses anyone's here

lol

therealdaebat

hipster trendy posers? when did you get a deftones degree, how long have you even been into them? you know what, I don't even care because it doesn't make any difference. what matters is what you think of there music, and I hear nothing about that in your statement, I hear talks of groups and cliques and hating on people, nothing about the music. your type of opinion is the type that will soon drop and die.

My degree in deftones far surpasses anyone's here, but that's ok, it doesn't even matter, if I just discovered them today I would look at they're discography 1 by 1 and be blessed, period, just like with any other band. But i'd hate to say that I wouldn't enjoy they're past catalog as much as these 2 releases if I didn't already discover those albums in that time and place they were released.

The new albums are the perfection of the deftones and affirmation of everything they've done since Stephen's garage in '89.

listen to the song GIFT, and tell me you know something about deftones.

Locked.

Now this is lock worthy because he's posting a public message to a user and it doesn't even make sense.  This guy just shit out his mouth and onto his fingers and somehow they knew to key in the mess above.   
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

pony_01

Quote from: therealdaebat on Sep 18, 2013, 12:40 PM
Now this is lock worthy because he's posting a public message to a user and it doesn't even make sense.  This guy just shit out his mouth and onto his fingers and somehow they knew to key in the mess above.   

you want to lock a thread simply because his statement?? :p

therealdaebat

Quote from: pony_01 on Sep 18, 2013, 05:43 PM

There is a difference between stating opinion as a thread and then coming out and making an entirely new thread that simply attacks one user.  It's also practically unreadable with all of the grammar and spelling issues.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

people are people

Quote from: therealdaebat on Sep 18, 2013, 07:41 PM
Quote from: pony_01 on Sep 18, 2013, 05:43 PM

There is a difference between stating opinion as a thread and then coming out and making an entirely new thread that simply attacks one user.  It's also practically unreadable with all of the grammar and spelling issues.

Yes there is a difference,you are cool in the other topic and now you are an ass. =)
He only made this thread because the other was locked.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Penicks on Sep 18, 2013, 11:53 AM

My degree in deftones far surpasses anyone's here

lol
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...