Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Live Volume 2

Started by III, Sep 20, 2013, 11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignore the fashion

I think if it was released on black friday we would've heard about it. Plus I checked the release list the day before and it was not on there.

FlyingPiranha

Yeah, I'm really disappointed this live series hasn't seemed to work out. The Adrenaline release was great and I was looking forward to the other installments.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

pinata89

Quote from: FlyingPiranha on Dec 07, 2013, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I'm really disappointed this live series hasn't seemed to work out. The Adrenaline release was great and I was looking forward to the other installments.

This.

As soon as the Adrenaline record dropped, I couldn't help but anticipate the other albums--still hopeful this project will eventually see it's way to completion at some point.

sing blue silver

I get the feeling this project has been abandoned. What a waste.

shoop

That sucks, Adrenaline was the one I was least looking forward to from the beginning.

deftones47

Quote from: shoop on Dec 21, 2013, 12:15 AM
That sucks, Adrenaline was the one I was least looking forward to from the beginning.

Same.

Martin

...damn...was looking forward to the second one.

sing blue silver

I've kinda come to expect it from Deftones unfortunately. Entertain Me, Eros (though that one is understandable and not really "abandoned"), the multiple planned live DVD's, and now this. It sucks but oh well. Hopefully these recordings will show up somewhere eventually.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 23, 2013, 09:13 PM
I've kinda come to expect it from Deftones unfortunately. Entertain Me, Eros (though that one is understandable and not really "abandoned"), the multiple planned live DVD's, and now this. It sucks but oh well. Hopefully these recordings will show up somewhere eventually.

Well Entertain Me did eventually make its way online...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

sing blue silver

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Dec 24, 2013, 12:47 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 23, 2013, 09:13 PM

Well Entertain Me did eventually make its way online...

Yes but the band never intended to release it. It was stolen and released online and then Andrew Bennett was going to release it for Chi. Deftones technically never intended to release it sooooo... my point stands!!

FlyingPiranha

It'd be cool to get a fan project together to do the rest of the releases in a similar format. Hold a vote for what four songs from each album people what, do cover art, find the best live recordings available from era, then put 'em up for download.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

pinata89

Quote from: FlyingPiranha on Dec 25, 2013, 06:22 AM
It'd be cool to get a fan project together to do the rest of the releases in a similar format. Hold a vote for what four songs from each album people what, do cover art, find the best live recordings available from era, then put 'em up for download.

This is an interesting idea, honestly.  Though I would love to have an official release to complete the intended collection.

FlyingPiranha

Quote from: pinata89 on Dec 26, 2013, 06:37 PM
Quote from: FlyingPiranha on Dec 25, 2013, 06:22 AM

This is an interesting idea, honestly.  Though I would love to have an official release to complete the intended collection.
Yeah, I agree. I'd love to have them all on vinyl like they originally intended but it probably won't happen at this point.

Beezus Glue

After lurking this board for 6+ years, I think I finally have something worthwhile to share.

Got this linked to me from a friend (a pretty reliable one) earlier today. I can't speak on who fed it to him, he won't say. Was also informed that there are SIX tracks included, and not just four as with Volume I. Apparently the project wasn't abandoned as we'd all assumed.

I'm no troll nor am I a naïve fangirl -- I've already done my research, and I'm unable to source this image back to anywhere else. I even took a gander at the dutch*deftones tumblr thinking that perhaps Sly had tricked us all once again... But alas, nothing.

Who's stoked?

PS How's that for an introduction? Have me, Sharing Lungs.

pinata89

FUCK. YES.!  When does it drop!?

Edit:  Maybe a Record Store Day release just like the last one?

Romain

Fairly certain it's not Sly, we had discussed making a fan-made but he was gonna use that first fake ATF vinyl he had already dropped. Looks pretty legit to me... But then again, we'll see.

Pretty excited.

Welcome, then.  ;D

DeftonesNZ

maybe they do just intend to do it on record store day each year, either way i'm looking forward to hearing this one the ATF era has some of my favourite performances and songs, I really hope they included Mascara aswell

slyartwork

Okay... wow I'm surprised it IS gonna happen... finally. RSD is in april right... would be rad
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Diplo

sing blue silver

Well that gives me something to look forward to on what was shaping up to be a pretty disappointing record store day.