Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Why do you like Deftones?

Started by scoresman_tattoo, Sep 28, 2013, 08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJR

Perfect fusion between heavy and melodic. Get the balance just right! And they're cool ass mofo's

Bza々

Been listening to the Tones since 2001. Could never understand why no one around me saw the magic in this band that I saw. Everyone was so hung up on mainstream bullshit. I finally came to the realization that I was just smarted than everyone else.

Dath

Perfect mixture of beauty and intensity, with some amazing guitar tones as an added bonus (especially on ATF/WP)

Jacob

Quote from: Bza々 on Oct 25, 2013, 11:41 PM
Been listening to the Tones since 2001. Could never understand why no one around me saw the magic in this band that I saw. Everyone was so hung up on mainstream bullshit. I finally came to the realization that I was just smarted than everyone else.

Being able to spell correctly is usually a prerequisite for calling yourself smart.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

III

Aren't they that band with that album called blue horse or something?

Crazylegs

Quote from: Jacob on Oct 26, 2013, 03:24 PM
Quote from: Bza々 on Oct 25, 2013, 11:41 PM

Being able to spell correctly is usually a prerequisite for calling yourself smart.

Trailer Park Boys self smarted

Hank

Talenca

I just like their sound, even if it's not exactly constant. Also Chino is fuckin gr8.

Freedomsoldier17

personally i like them for their sound and their stunning ability to evolve over the years(something i dont see as much of in other bands i like). They have a share of alternative metal songs(a genre i like), and more experimentally stuff(something i grew to like as i continued to listen to them).

mjakeli6

because of their music, lyrics, chino's voice and sex-vibe..

pinata89

Quote from: tarkil on Oct 22, 2013, 06:41 AM
I love their song Amniisty !!!! Best song ever

The song that you believe to be' Amnesty' is actually not a Deftones song.  It is actually a song called 'Breathe (Tiny Hands)' by a band called Relative Ash.  I was under the same impression when I first stumbled upon this tune years ago, but have since discovered it was not the Deftones.  Relative Ash, a Chicago-based group, only put out one album--and it's pretty clear who their primary influence was.  It's a pretty good album too...this guy (the singer, whoever he is) does a great job of recreating what Chino does with Deftones music.