Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New to the Deftones

Started by AgentGraves, Oct 03, 2013, 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentGraves

Hey Folks, Long, Long, Long time lurker.

I'm also a big, big deftones Fan

and I am trying to convert my Boss to the Deftones side, however, I'm not sure or rather can't decide, what songs from each album would best show him all things def...

He isn't really into the screaming stuff as I've shown him Engine No. 9 and Headup. He doesn't like 'em, "to screamy" he says.

Anyways what's a good "set list"?? involving each album????!?!?!!?

buddyboy101

Start with Digital Bath

Hank

Make your boss a CD or whatever with the songs that touch your soul and best reflect what you love the most about the band ( and tell'em that).
If that is uncomfortable for you, burn him White Pony. If he doesn't like anything off of that then stop trying.

This is a band a lot of people either get or they don't after the first few listens .

Penicks

start with change, if he likes it, let him listen to white pony, if he doesn't like it, tell him to go suck a dick

ANattyRat

Digital Bath, Knife Prty, Passenger, Mascara, Change, Romantic Dreams, Risk. Basically all their songs that have no, or minimal, screaming.

DJR

Be Quiet and Drive will always do the trick for introducing....

N0S3BLEED976

pony_01

show him White Pony first.
if he likes the heavy stuff  like 'Elite' or 'Korea' put out Adrenaline or Around the Fur.
if he likes the desperate one like 'Pink Maggit', 'Passenger', 'Digital Bath' , give him self-titled or Saturday Night Wrist.
if he likes the air-play songs like 'Change', 'Fieticera', 'Knife Pary', give him Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan.
if he likes 'Teenager' put out Team Sleep record and demos + Crosses EPs
if he dont like White Pony at all, tell him to find a weed, and listen to it once again.

x Rx King x

Quote from: pony_01 on Oct 05, 2013, 07:31 PM
show him White Pony first.
if he likes the heavy stuff  like 'Elite' or 'Korea' put out Adrenaline or Around the Fur.
if he likes the desperate one like 'Pink Maggit', 'Passenger', 'Digital Bath' , give him self-titled or Saturday Night Wrist.
if he likes the air-play songs like 'Change', 'Fieticera', 'Knife Pary', give him Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan.
if he likes 'Teenager' put out Team Sleep record and demos + Crosses EPs
if he dont like White Pony at all, tell him to find a weed, and listen to it once again.

UrZ*

Wrong thread sorry!

To post something ontopic:

When people don't dig Moreno's voice, which is an acquired taste, it's a battle that can't be won.. ;-)
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

deftones47

Non-screamy Deftones songs, and nobody has suggested Rosemary yet?

Let him listen to Rosemary.

kurtone

Everyone hates KNY. Didn't you get the memo?

deftones47

That memo must be incorrect because I don't.

DJR

Quote from: kurtone on Oct 12, 2013, 12:23 AM

I certainly don't...

ignore the fashion

Quote from: DJR on Oct 13, 2013, 05:54 PM

I certainly don't...

Same here, I think its a great CD.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah KNY isn't bad especially if you're just getting into Deftones, some of the other more out there stuff can be imitimidating and off putting for new people KNY and DE are both more approachable but still showcase some of the different range Deftones cover.

Adekhine

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Oct 14, 2013, 08:17 AM
Quote from: DJR on Oct 13, 2013, 05:54 PM
I certainly don't...
Same here, I think its a great CD.

I love old Deftones (Adrenaline - SNW).
It's obvious that now they are different after the death of Chi.
I think Sergio was a great opportunity for the reborn of Deftones.
I like Sergio, it's a great musician, and the New Deftones (DE - KNY) are something of different from old Deftones, and I love new Deftones too!
I think it's impossible to compare old Deftones with new Deftones, they are different, for me it's not like: ok, they had made best albums, or better gigs... It's something that I can't compare.

SwerveCityUSA

you can't force feed real music to the superficial. this isn't radio music. if he has a soul and wants to have it touched he will like this group on his own. don't try.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat