Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

KNY Unreleased?

Started by III, Oct 11, 2013, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

III

Does anyone know if there were any other tracks that were recorded for KNY? I was just listening to it today and kinda wanted a bit more.

Thanks,

III

rainnyx4

They said they wrote another song but didn't like it enough to make vocals for it.  I'd be curious to hear it but it probably won't ever see the light of day.  Then of course there were the Elvis and Earth, Wind, and Fire covers they were supposed to record.  They never got around to it and probably never will.

ignore the fashion

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I seen an interview with Chino saying they pretty much used everything they recorded. They planned to do some bsides but got busy and never got around to using the studio time they booked.

DeftonesNZ

from what  understand there were 3 or so more songs written that were cut being the recording stage, I think only the songs that got recorded are on the record the rest were just ideas that were never fully fleshed out or recorded, as for the covers yeah they just ran out of time I think they had booked somewhere in lasvegas for a weekend and they planned to do some covers but they ended doing promotional stuff like that photoshoot in the desert and just didn't manage to make it to the studio.

III

Thanks for the link and I guess i'm just used to having a ton of unreleased songs like SNW. They really are changing things up.

III

Well the songs on KNY are also a lot longer than the songs on previous albums (with the exception of Pink Maggit). So They probably wouldn't have as much material recorded especially with the new recording process.

DeftonesNZ

I don't thinks it's that weird SNW with ezrin stuff was the real exception , I think they still write as much stuff as before but they were spending ridiculous amounts of money recording stuff that wouldn't make it on to the album and they were really wasting their expensive studio time so now they only go into record when they have the material nearly done, but I also remember them saying that during the writing process with Nick Raskulinecz he records everything they do while they're just jamming and reviews it that night so that he can play them back specific stuff he liked and suggest things to them, so maybe some of that material might appear one day.

III

Yeah I agree, It just seems like it's been like that since that era is what most people on SL talk about in terms of like unreleased stuff exclusing eros of course. But anyways, yeah it'd be cool if those recordings were released.

Hank

KNY was a pretty great album enough to just stand on its own.
B-$ides or not.

Caín

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Oct 12, 2013, 03:58 AM
They said they wrote another song but didn't like it enough to make vocals for it.  I'd be curious to hear it but it probably won't ever see the light of day.  Then of course there were the Elvis and Earth, Wind, and Fire covers they were supposed to record.  They never got around to it and probably never will.

Wow, if the song wasn't even good enough to land on KNY it REALLY REALLY had to be a shit show. I mean the standards are way down on that record anyway.

SwerveCityUSA

nobody here has an inside. they probably have a couple extra tracks, but do they think they should be released? who knows.

i'd like to hear some extra tracks if they're gems. It would be a perfect time to release them a year later. go ask the band insiders.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Inkblades

There was some talk before KNY came out that it would have 13 tracks. So, yeah, I'm sure there's some unreleased stuff. Diamond Eyes also had an extra track. Not sure if we'll ever hear them or if Chino even recorded vocals for them, though.