Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

deftones vs korn

Started by Northcal, Nov 23, 2013, 05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northcal

Deftones sold almost 20k more albums on kny then korn latest wack ass album.Chino must be laughing his ass off ! 8)

SwerveCityUSA

there is no deftones vs korn. 2 completely different bands. korn needs to keep doing that embarrising shit to prove how much those meth heads have always sucked even after worshiping their white god, or whatever head was trying to do.

korn sells more, easier to market and they were willing to let that be the focal point of being a band. making money. good for them.

now let the soul music of deftones reign supreme like always.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Northcal

Deftones 65k KNY vs PS korny 46k  and of course Los deftones have always been better!! :o

DeftonesNZ

Deftones are in another league to Korn, Korn are alright but they don't have the same range or level of creativity, their just not artists in the same sense as deftones, they really only have one sound that works for them which is the style of their earlier stuff with simple heavy guitar and whispering to shouting lyrics everytime they've tried a different formula they've failed miserably, deftones have managed to consistently blend to genres in ways korn havn't. Its sort of like a good and band example on how so called nu-metal bands should adapt and mature during their career, deftones are getting wide praise for their new stuff while Korns newer material just gets people wishing they would get back to their roots, they basically peaked with their first couple of albums.

Northcal

The reason I did the whole vs thing is because they will always be connected to the nu metal pioneers /survivors.all other bands are pretty much done  except LP ,slipknot/disturbedbut they suck dikk!  fuckk those last 3bands btw ,Il take chevelle anyday before those  wack muthafukas

Capt Snow

Korn is just gringeworthy, especially the korny/cringeworthy lyrics Jon Davis comes up with.

Example: I don't ever want to multiply, 'Cause deep inside I'm not qualified. - Never never from the Paradigm Shift

Could you make anything more cringeworthy than that? Or just listen to there untitled album where Korn just went completely overboard with their silly lyrical themes.

Their new album also has alot of commercial chorusses just like they always have and Jon does no effort whatsoever to NOT sound ridiculous when he sings them.

I'll just leave this here:

Korn - Evolution

When your lyrics are about monkeys you basically lost, face it.

DeftonesNZ

I have to admit I liked korn when I was younger like 12/13 for the same reason I liked SOAD it felt like I was being edgy but now when I hear korn I fucking hate Jonathons voice it's so abrasive which I don't mind but it also lacks power and any beauty it's jsut gargle, I basically can't listen to it nowadays because it kills songs for me, this was really made clear when I decided to watch "make me bad" from the unplugged series they did because it had Robert Smith from the cure as a guest and I thought it would be interesting, and it was Robert is really good but then Johnathon sings and he sounds fucking horrible because of the contrasting effect Roberts good voice has, watch the part where they start the cure song, Robert sings beautifully and then Johnathan joins in and sounds like a fucking frog or something.

http://youtu.be/-d1lQxreiFQ

people are people

Quote from: Capt Snow on Nov 23, 2013, 11:09 AM
Korn is just gringeworthy, especially the korny/cringeworthy lyrics Jon Davis comes up with.

Example: I don't ever want to multiply, 'Cause deep inside I'm not qualified. - Never never from the Paradigm Shift

Could you make anything more cringeworthy than that? Or just listen to there untitled album where Korn just went completely overboard with their silly lyrical themes.

Their new album also has alot of commercial chorusses just like they always have and Jon does no effort whatsoever to NOT sound ridiculous when he sings them.

I'll just leave this here:

Korn - Evolution

When your lyrics are about monkeys you basically lost, face it.

Spot on,Korn another biased, ignorant and uninformed pseudo-intellectual posing as a "band"
First songs about monkeys to sound pseudo-intellectual, then they contradict themselves, and shows how intellectuals they are with songs like Politics
"Everyone's corrupt
You should just shut up
Don't wanna talk about politics"
Korn - Politics

Then songs about Illuminati haha, You can't sound more stupid.
"Why can't you just be honest
The corruption takes its toll
You rape our hope"
Korn- Illuminati(Feat. Excision and Downlink)[CD Quality]

For years and years, I've heard the same tired cliche' bullshit, Sad part is, you're trying to sound smart and yet you have channelled the ignorance of every teenager that you've interviewed for inspiration for the lyircs on your records and therefore sound like an idiot, SELL OUT.
Korn has talent but they can't be compared to real musicians like Deftones that stay true to their message and roots, when korn looks like they only think about money , When one day, you sell something because has trendy then you sold another to follow the tendencies , Only consumed by hot topic scene kids, you have already lost it. korn sucks ass compared to DEFTONES

Capt Snow

Quote from: people are people on Nov 23, 2013, 01:18 PM

Spot on,Korn another biased, ignorant and uninformed pseudo-intellectual posing as a "band"
First songs about monkeys to sound pseudo-intellectual, then they contradict themselves, and shows how intellectuals they are with songs like Politics
"Everyone's corrupt
You should just shut up
Don't wanna talk about politics"
Korn - Politics

Spot on example of a silly commercial chorus by Jon Davis. And I agree the rest of the band has some talent but Jon Davis takes a complete shit on that with his annoying voice.

deftones47

I would call this a tie, but after Korn's last few albums (except for The Paradigm Shift), were crap, especially The Path of Totality, Deftones wins.

ignore the fashion

In my opinion Korn lost it a long time ago, I used to be a huge fan, I wouldn't even call myself a fan now.

Northcal

Korn 1994-1999 r.i.piss

mrpelon94

Korn sucked after the first three albums and then made a dubstep album no bueno

SwerveCityUSA

they're just weird.

plus jon was sporting ron paul and following the new trend of hating Obama so fuck him and that stupid band.

SwerveCityUSA

I'm not even going to watch. just the fact they have nerve to cover the same song as the deftones is silly. there's a lot of dark songs on RIO, if they wanna follow that path.

Jerry_Curls

This is actually a great topic to shine the light on how the artistry in ATF and WP got overshadowed by KoRn's (and other big bands at the time) stadium status. Then KoRn lost popularity, yet Deftones still managed to make decent albums and let their fan-base grow. It's crazy to think how both of these bands are from shitty cities in California, yet they both became WORLDWIDE famous bands. The winner is definitely Deftones.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

therealdaebat

This is the dumbest thread ever.  You guys must have no lives.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Northcal

Quote from: therealdaebat on Dec 02, 2013, 01:43 PM
This is the dumbest thread ever.  You guys must have no lives.
why post here then?U wasted 1min of your important life

Northcal

Korn 1999 r.i p :o vs DEFTONES 2006 r.i.p stay classy deftones 8)