Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

deftones vs korn

Started by Northcal, Nov 23, 2013, 05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaypayton

both bands suck shit now. before you shit on Korn, remember the Deftones were the ones who promoted and toured with the mega fag nu metal band known as Incubus in 2000

DeftonesNZ

never heard anyone apart from you ever refer to Incubus as nu-metal, also morning view was an alright album.

elite54

And yet you are still on a site made for a band you hate. You are one pathetic bitch.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: elite54 on Dec 03, 2013, 12:34 AM
And yet you are still on a site made for a band you hate. You are one pathetic bitch.
yeah I don't get why those people are still here either, just move on already if you don't like it thats fine but there's no need for you to come back all the time for the specific reason of telling we have bad tastes.

buddyboy101

Incubus was pretty awesome back in the day.  The Deftones have aged respectfully.  Their name carries quite a bit of cred.  Can't say that for Korn, Limp Bizkit, or any other band that screamed their lil heads off back in 2000.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: jaypayton on Dec 03, 2013, 12:11 AM
both bands suck shit now. before you shit on Korn, remember the Deftones were the ones who promoted and toured with the mega fag nu metal band known as Incubus in 2000

they haven't even promoted themselves.

yeah they went on tour with everyone and found your lost father too.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

therealdaebat

Incubus put out SCIENCE which is one of the best albums of our generation.  After that they put out half acoustic crap and the other half was actually decent.  You'd be surprised at how much early Incubus sounded like early deftones (even the chi screams).  As far as all three go they all had a great couple 'nu metal' albums (which isn't accurate at all but whatever) and then they all went in a different direction.  KoRn desperately tries to collab or change their sound.  Deftones went dreamscape metal after self titled and Incubus just plain sold their souls.  Brandon Boyd turned into a literal vagina and lets his record company give him the shocker 24/7 while he counts his hundred dolla bills ya'll (shit... limp bizkit).
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Bifrost

all you need to know about Deftones vs Korn is Chino > Jonathan

people are people

I feel sick when people talk shit about serj tankian for example and brandon boyd...
Right, Brandon Boyd turned into a literal vagina and lets his record company give him the shocker 24/7 while he counts his hundred dolla bills ya'll...thats why he spent many years sharing ideas of service and charity with the listeners. Thankfully his musical ideas tickled their ears and hearts, and with their support Incubus have raised more than $1 million via the Make Yourself Foundation, their nonprofit established in 2003 which has donated funds to amazing charitable organizations,You can dislike Incubus and some albums are bad or call whatever you want to Brandon Boyd but never a fucking sell out, they are true musicians with a good intent and they stay true to their message since the beggining. Before you shit on Incubus, label them as nu-metal and try offend them calling them mega fags.

I'll just leave this here:
KoRn - Jonathan Davis - gay

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: therealdaebat on Dec 03, 2013, 08:35 PM
Incubus put out SCIENCE which is one of the best albums of our generation.  After that they put out half acoustic crap and the other half was actually decent.

I think that Incubus' albums after SCIENCE are still pretty good, with the exception of their latest one. I'd even say that Morning View and ACLOTM are actually better than SCIENCE

sing blue silver

That's more of an unpopular opinion puffin than a confession bear.

Also Korn hating has become so fucking tired. They're by no means a great band but really? Still? This conversation has been going on too long among Deftones fans.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 05, 2013, 10:43 PM

Wow, how could I not know that meme until now? But yeah, you're right...

sing blue silver

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Dec 05, 2013, 10:56 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 05, 2013, 10:43 PM

Wow, how could I not know that meme until now? But yeah, you're right...

I do kind of agree with you on the Incubus thing though. I think ACLOTM is one of their best. After that it's all pretty bad though.

Inkblades

S.C.I.E.N.C.E, Make Yourself and Morning View are all really good. ACLOTM had some good songs, but was sort of spotty overall. Never checked out anything they did afterwards.

deftones47

I thought Light Grenades was a good album. Not their best, but it was good. I will agree that If Not Now, When? sucks.

Northcal

Science was dope album,make yourself was dope too!mourning view was ok only because I love the song Mexico 8)

pony_01

Quote from: deftones47 on Dec 06, 2013, 02:15 AM
I thought Light Grenades was a good album. Not their best, but it was good. I will agree that If Not Now, When? sucks.

dude you need to smoke some weed! that was a great album!

UrZ*

I liked aclotm a lot too!
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

SwerveCityUSA

incubus definitely gets a nu metal pass. I'm not a fan of them but they sincerely make music.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Northcal

Looks like its korn vs korn now wit all shit David ,korn's ex drummer said about fieldy on blabbermouth.net ,lol some classic shit talking