Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

True Detective (new HBO show)

Started by theis, Jan 14, 2014, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

i video'd my favourite line on my instagram hahaha "you can't act for shit"

seeing frank die left me so conflicted. why let him achieve so much and then kill him off in the most cliched way?? and not fucking fair to not let us see all the corrupt arseholes not get their due.

ray's dad watching the telly was the part that made me really sad.

bright lights, big city

Agreed on the Ray's Dad part. That was probably the ultimate sad moment.

But that ending was exactly what I liked. I love when shows and movies have depressing or bad endings. Things rarely work out the way you want. Also makes you look for some sort of silver lining. Like the ginger kid really was Ray's (even though he never officially knew) and now he's got a second son. And the hope that the reporter Ray beat up will actually successfully bring the bad guys into the public eye and get some justice.

Wasn't the first season kind of similar in that regard? The main characters may have survived, but with the exception of Lawnmower Man the bad guys (especially with money) stayed free I think.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i love those types of endings too but the way frank went out was just borderline boring for me. ray's ending was a lot more believable. i would like to think that ani and jordan get married and raise ray's son together.

the first season had a lot more to it and a lot more substance than this season did. i think every twist and turn and every piece of dialogue had a place within the wider context of the narrative. season two: not so much.

bright lights, big city

This is still my favorite scene of the season, with the added bonus that it accurately predicted exactly how Ray would die.

https://youtu.be/xg2jXDINve0
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

omg another lawnmower moment. fuck. i didn't even think about this. colin farrell was so good. he was totally making me swoon.