Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The 9th Deftones Album Thread.

Started by Inkblades, Jan 11, 2014, 08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

Quote from: iceache on Feb 11, 2014, 02:43 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 11, 2014, 01:09 AM
Alright, so according to this article (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/crosses-chino-moreno-talks-depeche-mode-and-deja-vu-20140210), Deftones are taking the rest of the year off and reconvening in 2015.

That interview is old... You'll see that he says they'll be doing some writing in Feb.. I seriously doubt they're going to take an entire year off..

Interview is from yesterday...

By John Gentile
February 10, 2014 1:10 PM ET

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

iceache

Quote from: tarkil on Feb 11, 2014, 05:14 AM
Alright, so according to this article (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/crosses-chino-moreno-talks-depeche-mode-and-deja-vu-20140210), Deftones are taking the rest of the year off and reconvening in 2015.

That interview is old... You'll see that he says they'll be doing some writing in Feb.. I seriously doubt they're going to take an entire year off..

By John Gentile

No. It was posted yesterday.

tarkil

Quote from: iceache on Feb 11, 2014, 05:16 AM
Quote from: tarkil on Feb 11, 2014, 05:14 AM

By John Gentile

No. It was posted yesterday.

Thanks Sherlock !

But indeed, they must have been talking about Feb 2014, as Chino mentions they just finished touring, and I'm guessing he's talking about the US leg, which ended in Oct/Nov.
So I'd bet you're right actually...    ;)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

White Wrist

Quote from: cvthedrv on Feb 09, 2014, 01:28 AM
Quote from: kurtone on Jan 31, 2014, 07:08 AM
I'd rather they work with someone completely different, get 'em out of their comfort zone.

fuck yes!

this!

slyartwork

8th album, b-sides is a compilation album. This will be their 8th studio album. And let's see how this thread goes up to 100 pages in one month....
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

endstand

sly, you should make an artwork for the new album ;)

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 11, 2014, 03:56 PM
8th album, b-sides is a compilation album. This will be their 8th studio album. And let's see how this thread goes up to 100 pages in one month....
hello memory lover, you are mine

Inkblades

I wasn't counting B-Sides. I was counting Eros.

ignore the fashion

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 11, 2014, 05:30 PM

I wasn't counting B-Sides. I was counting Eros.

Eros shouldn't be counted as it was never released or even finished for that matter.

Inkblades

There's only one thing. I did count it. Deal with it.

slyartwork

Quote from: endstand on Feb 11, 2014, 04:57 PM
sly, you should make an artwork for the new album ;)

Bring it on
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Teknoman

So, can we expect a new 'tones album this year?

Or are we going to make our own album with blackjack and hookers. xD

I make music too

Diplo

I think I would prefer they to take their time, DE and KNY are too similar and not so far in time.
So lets time to create something different, I want them to surprise me.

audeamus

Quote from: Diplo on Feb 11, 2014, 10:09 PM
I think I would prefer they to take their time, DE and KNY are too similar and not so far in time.

^^ That's how I feel. KYN's material sounded like leftovers from Diamond Eyes to me... I know some will disagree but it hasn't held up as well to me as prior albums have, personally.

ANattyRat

I don't think it matters how long they take. If they're all ready to go and spilling creativity, they'll make the music quickly (whether it sounds like Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan or not). If they're busy or need to take more time, it'll take longer, but I actually feel pretty sure that their last two albums have been less to do with the speed the music's been made, and more to do with the guys themselves.

rainnyx4

Lots of crazy talk about DE and KNY.  Easily their best work since WP.  The thing I'm most worried about with these guys is their age.  I love the atmospheric and chill stuff as much as I love the heavy stuff but I'm worried that the heavy side of them is going to wane as they grow older.  If KNY had just a little more aggression to it, it would've been a perfect album.

Diplo

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Feb 12, 2014, 10:44 AM
Lots of crazy talk about DE and KNY.  Easily their best work since WP. 
If KNY had just a little more aggression to it, it would've been a perfect album.

This two sentences are contradictory, have you listened to the S/T ?
Anyway it's not the topic.
With the age they got and the evolution of their stuff, I still think more time they take (I mean more time to think or meditate) more the album would be better or more accomplished.

jaypayton

Chino starts a new band every other week, the last 2 albums are mediocre, its obvious he is bored to death with the 'Tones....im guessing they will break up or release one more album then be done with it...

audeamus

Quote from: Diplo on Feb 12, 2014, 07:48 PM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Feb 12, 2014, 10:44 AM
Lots of crazy talk about DE and KNY.  Easily their best work since WP. 
If KNY had just a little more aggression to it, it would've been a perfect album.
have you listened to the S/T ?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 12, 2014, 08:57 PM
Chino starts a new band every other week, the last 2 albums are mediocre, its obvious he is bored to death with the 'Tones....im guessing they will break up or release one more album then be done with it...
Haha i'm sure you said this exact shit already

Northcal

Rick Rubin???or just overrated? :-X