Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

Started by luisch, Feb 13, 2014, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

That just says the release date will be announced soon.

TheyCallMeP

Its been so long since the original release, I hope this one can compare. The self-titled record and demo tapes were incredible! I like "No" but am very meh on "Dreamland."

Cullision

The owner of the studio said they were aiming for February for the live album.

deftoneseba

What about the b-sides/unreleased tracks CD rip? The one that was given at Woodstock. Can anyone upload it?
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

Cullision

Quote from: deftoneseba on Dec 31, 2014, 03:03 AM
What about the b-sides/unreleased tracks CD rip? The one that was given at Woodstock. Can anyone upload it?

Honestly it was a bit disappointing, 10 tracks and we already have 8 of them. "No" is great though.

fortysixand2

Someone said they'd upload it but never did. I'd love to hear "No" and the other unknown track. Surely someone can upload?

hi man

Quote from: fortysixand2 on Dec 31, 2014, 10:54 PM

Someone said they'd upload it but never did. I'd love to hear "No" and the other unknown track. Surely someone can upload?

I reason I decided not to upload anymore cause I felt that this team sleep record was pretty special since they are making it independently and I didn't want to help ruin any surprises or hard work from the band by uploading a song they gave us early. Sorry guys but I think we can wait for a solid first listen to the record.

Penicks

Shadow46/2

Lame.

But I understand. :D

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

deftoneseba

Fair enough. We might reactivate this after the new record comes out. Thank you!
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

Deadradio

Looks like Aaron Harris might be recording Chino's vocals or guitars for the new album?

Or maybe Palms stuff?

chi_no

I was wondering, here it says Gil and Zach are both in the band, but on FB Zach isn't listed in the members list, tho on the band's pledge page Zach is listed... I'm really confused and I'm starting to think Gil is with the band just for the live album and Zach will record for the studio one.
Does anybody know anything for sure?

hi man

Quote from: chi_no on Feb 05, 2015, 03:43 PM
I was wondering, here it says Gil and Zach are both in the band, but on FB Zach isn't listed in the members list, tho on the band's pledge page Zach is listed... I'm really confused and I'm starting to think Gil is with the band just for the live album and Zach will record for the studio one.

I remember at Woodstock chino said Gil is on "some songs"

chi_no

Quote from: hi man on Feb 06, 2015, 03:30 AM
Quote from: chi_no on Feb 05, 2015, 03:43 PM

I remember at Woodstock chino said Gil is on "some songs"

Mhm, well as long as Zach is still in the band, it's fine xdd
Thanks for the info!
Sly told me that Zach couldn't come to the Woodstock sessions, so I guess he'll appear only on the studio album.

III

To be completely honest guys, I think Zach is a little preoccupied with death grips at the moment to do stuff with team sleep. I could be wrong though. But that seems to be his highest priority at the moment.

Inkblades

Didn't Death Grips break up? Either way, I honestly prefer Gil. Zach's obviously talented, but I think Gil suits TS better.

DeftonesNZ

Well they announced they did but I think they've released an album since so who the fuck knows I don't even bother trying to understand the pretentious "art" shit that is associated with them. I agree with Gil being a better fit as-well Zach is great at what he does and his style was cool on some tracks like Iceache where it fit but especially live it seemed he would have trouble matching his playing to the slower songs and it would sound like you were playing two songs at once Gil seems like a guy who can play the hectic stuff but have a more subtle touch when needed.

III

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 16, 2015, 03:22 AM
Well they announced they did but I think they've released an album since so who the fuck knows I don't even bother trying to understand the pretentious "art" shit that is associated with them.
Hahahaha ok

cvthedrv

at this point, i dont give a fuck about the drummer.

Inkblades

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/deftones-prep-heady-outside-the-box-new-album-20150310

According to Chino, the album's more or less done and they are just waiting for the right time to put it out.