Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

Started by luisch, Feb 13, 2014, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicklav

So is this the album that's being released on vinyl for the peldgers, or is that a forthcoming "new" album?

Deadradio

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Jul 10, 2015, 06:12 AM
Skull is Red is so damn beautiful. Princeton Review is another highlight.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Agreed

nineteen

It sounds amazing. Really dig Princeton Review. It's on Spotify too.

plagasx

Really surprised that Ataraxia isn't on there..I mean, it's the album's opener for christs sake...

hi man

Quote from: nicklav on Jul 10, 2015, 06:57 PM
So is this the album that's being released on vinyl for the peldgers, or is that a forthcoming "new" album?

Dear Patient Attendees,
Please find enclosed a download link for the FLAC and MP3 files of Team Sleep Woodstock Sessions Vol 4.
ETA on CD's and Vinyl forthcoming...

Thank You,
The Woodstock Sessions Team

got that in an email.

nicklav

Quote from: hi man on Jul 11, 2015, 12:36 AM

Dear Patient Attendees,
Please find enclosed a download link for the FLAC and MP3 files of Team Sleep Woodstock Sessions Vol 4.

Thank You,

got that in an email.

I see. Thanks.

defsteve

Dear Patient Attendees,

Thank You,

got that in an email.

Is that from Pledge Music ? Haven't had any email myself :(
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

nicklav

Quote from: defsteve on Jul 11, 2015, 01:34 AM

Dear Patient Attendees,

Thank You,

got that in an email.

I'm guessing it's for the people who were at the sessions.

82IR@Q

This album sounds great. It's so awesome how they made all the old songs sound so "refreshed" ( Death By Plane , Ever , Your Skull).
I really love how the playback is so great on some good speakers (headphones especially) .

How "No" transitions into "OP" is perfect and "Live from the stage "is beautiful. Of course I really wanted the full recording but this will do for now.
I also love Gil's drumming . I think he is just right and makes the same impact as Zach, just more smoother and without doing too much.

Can't wait to hear some more stuff from these guys. Really excited to hear the rest of the live tracks and their new album.

dawg

Quote from: nicklav on Jul 11, 2015, 02:39 AM
Quote from: defsteve on Jul 11, 2015, 01:34 AM

Dear Patient Attendees,

Thank You,

got that in an email.

I'm guessing it's for the people who were at the sessions.

so I guess all "New Album" pledgers still have to wait to get what they paid for?
Or is it somewhere on the pledgemusic site?

defsteve

Quote from: dawg on Jul 11, 2015, 07:13 PM
so I guess all "New Album" pledgers still have to wait to get what they paid for?

No idea. Pledged for the CD, T-shirt and Vinyl but can't see anywhere on the site what we actually get. Supposed to be a digital download included and seeing as the album is already out we shall see.

Ordered the Woodstock CD from Amazon anyway!
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

mono

Quote from: defsteve on Jul 12, 2015, 03:16 AM
Quote from: dawg on Jul 11, 2015, 07:13 PM

No idea. Pledged for the CD, T-shirt and Vinyl but can't see anywhere on the site what we actually get. Supposed to be a digital download included and seeing as the album is already out we shall see.

Ordered the Woodstock CD from Amazon anyway!

same here, pledged for the CD + digital download, and there´s nothing to receive or download from pledgemusic.
Someone really knows what pledgers receive? :o

E-Money

Man Skull is absolutely perfect. And damn I wish no was longer.

And that transition from NO to OP is perfect indeed.

Hinojos

They announced on Twitter that they will be doing an AMA on Reddit, Wednesday at 6pm ET for anyone interested, from the looks of it Todd and Gil will be answering questions, as well as Chino.
https://twitter.com/teamsleep/status/621000662344544256

mono

Received this mail:

"Hello from PledgeMusic,

Woodstock Sessions Vol. 4 is now available...download here"

fortysixand2

So we get the download link 4 days after it's been released to the public?! Good thing I didn't already buy it from somewhere else or I'd be shitty.

deftoneseba

Quote from: fortysixand2 on Jul 15, 2015, 02:09 AM
So we get the download link 4 days after it's been released to the public?! Good thing I didn't already buy it from somewhere else or I'd be shitty.
Yeah, WTF? 4 days after... it's good to know that I'll be listening to this on vinyl anytime soon.
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

Martin

Listening to the Woodstock Sessions Vol.4 in FLAC right now; absolutely stunning! Very happy with this!
Looking forward to receiving the album on CD, and to the t-shirt.

That said, this Pledgemusic campaign was confusing to me. I pledged for the new album, thinking it was going to be...the new album, with new songs, with 'Dreamlamd'...not the live album. Still would have pledged for the live album, mind you.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Martin on Jul 15, 2015, 11:01 AM
Listening to the Woodstock Sessions Vol.4 in FLAC right now; absolutely stunning! Very happy with this!
Looking forward to receiving the album on CD, and to the t-shirt.

That said, this Pledgemusic campaign was confusing to me. I pledged for the new album, thinking it was going to be...the new album, with new songs, with 'Dreamlamd'...not the live album. Still would have pledged for the live album, mind you.
Yeah the whole thing wasn't run very well, there were very few updates to pledgers, even when things like fulfilment date changed we got no notification and when we actually got bonuses it was mostly token stuff that had been available for years,There was a lack of communication all round they would post videos with dates and those dates would pass with nothing happening or they would do stuff like say pledgers are getting a track on TS anniversary and then do nothing till a month after that date without ever addressing it in the meantime.

It seems like a lot of people were under the impression that they were paying for a new album as well, the live album thing definitely wasn't made clear initially but they also failed to address the questions around this for months, until today when we got the woodstock sessions link we still didn't know what we were getting, I know some people even went out and bought woodstock sessions elsewhere because it had been days since the woodstock release and we hadn't got anything so they guessed their initial assumption was correct and the woodstock album was a different thing, after the whole experience I probably wouldn't go that pledgemusic route again considering the lack of communication and the fact it took 4 days just to send out the digital download, it started to feel like I was disadvantaged because I supported early on rather than rewarded with little bonuses, it's a shame crowdfunding is a good fit for a band like this but they're too bad at running their campaigns to keep doing it.