Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

Started by luisch, Feb 13, 2014, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jul 15, 2015, 11:28 AM
Quote from: Martin on Jul 15, 2015, 11:01 AM
Listening to the Woodstock Sessions Vol.4 in FLAC right now; absolutely stunning! Very happy with this!
Looking forward to receiving the album on CD, and to the t-shirt.

That said, this Pledgemusic campaign was confusing to me. I pledged for the new album, thinking it was going to be...the new album, with new songs, with 'Dreamlamd'...not the live album. Still would have pledged for the live album, mind you.
Yeah the whole thing wasn't run very well, there were very few updates to pledgers, even when things like fulfilment date changed we got no notification and when we actually got bonuses it was mostly token stuff that had been available for years,There was a lack of communication all round they would post videos with dates and those dates would pass with nothing happening or they would do stuff like say pledgers are getting a track on TS anniversary and then do nothing till a month after that date without ever addressing it in the meantime.

It seems like a lot of people were under the impression that they were paying for a new album as well, the live album thing definitely wasn't made clear initially but they also failed to address the questions around this for months, until today when we got the woodstock sessions link we still didn't know what we were getting, I know some people even went out and bought woodstock sessions elsewhere because it had been days since the woodstock release and we hadn't got anything so they guessed their initial assumption was correct and the woodstock album was a different thing, after the whole experience I probably wouldn't go that pledgemusic route again considering the lack of communication and the fact it took 4 days just to send out the digital download, it started to feel like I was disadvantaged because I supported early on rather than rewarded with little bonuses, it's a shame crowdfunding is a good fit for a band like this but they're too bad at running their campaigns to keep doing it.

Feel the same about the updates, the amount and timing. It could have been so much more.
But I wouldn't write of Pledgemusic or any other crowdfunding platform, it isn't their fault, it's down to the bands; and while there are horrible or unsatisfactory stories about campaigns out there, most of them go really well and are absolutely great to do.
I did three Pledgemusic campaigns for Earthtone9, and they were all very, very fucking cool; lot of communication, updates with video's, songs, rare stuff etc.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah crowdfunding is great but the people running it have to realise they take on a commitment,if you're willing to take the money at such an early stuff you have to be a bit more diligent in updating the fans during the process, Teamsleep is a great candidate for this sort of fundraising they have a fanbase willing to pay money for new material and a bit of a view into the process, which is why it sucks that TS dropped the ball on this one, they didn't have to do much just keep us in the loop and maybe throw in some interesting insight into the process with regular updates whether it be little videos or just a little diary entry about how it's going, instead they kind of neglected it and put even hardcore TS fans off pledging on future projects.

therealdaebat

Quote from: Hinojos on Jul 14, 2015, 08:23 PM
They announced on Twitter that they will be doing an AMA on Reddit, Wednesday at 6pm ET for anyone interested, from the looks of it Todd and Gil will be answering questions, as well as Chino.
https://twitter.com/teamsleep/status/621000662344544256

Apparently they're rescheduling? https://www.reddit.com/r/music/ check the side bar
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Hidalgo

got the cd in the mail yesterday. wow, it sounds perfect. outstanding live album here

i'm wondering, did anyone get theirs in a jewl case, or are they all thin cardboard cases like mine?

deftoneseba

Quote from: Hidalgo on Jul 16, 2015, 05:55 AM
got the cd in the mail yesterday. wow, it sounds perfect. outstanding live album here

i'm wondering, did anyone get theirs in a jewl case, or are they all thin cardboard cases like mine?
I think they're all cardboard cases. Any news about the vinyl version?
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

Corleone

Listening to it for the first time, top notch sound quality.

mono

Quote from: deftoneseba on Jul 20, 2015, 03:06 AM

at least no new news in pledgemusic.com, only the cofirmation that the money is for the woodstock sessions, and not the "new album".

Hinojos

Can anyone distinguish the lyrics on the new Death by Plane?

What I got was:

When I waved
Did you know I was gone?
?? <--
There in the air
Where I can't move
I just sing
Just sing to you
Goodbye my love
Goodbye
-

It sounds like he says "cold/cool/coal" something, I thought he said "return" but it sounds like it's a word that starts with an "L" or even an "N".
"Litter", or "Let's earn" sounds like it could be what he says, but that doesn't make much sense haha.

nicklav

Quote from: Hinojos on Jul 25, 2015, 07:36 PM
Can anyone distinguish the lyrics on the new Death by Plane?

What I got was:

When I waved
Did you know I was gone?
?? <--
There in the air
Where I can't move
I just sing
Just sing to you
Goodbye my love
Goodbye
-

It sounds like he says "cold/cool/coal" something, I thought he said "return" but it sounds like it's a word that starts with an "L" or even an "N".
"Litter", or "Let's earn" sounds like it could be what he says, but that doesn't make much sense haha.

nvm, didn't read that you were asking for the new version.

Martin

Quote from: illmono on Jul 20, 2015, 08:03 PM
Quote from: deftoneseba on Jul 20, 2015, 03:06 AM

at least no new news in pledgemusic.com, only the cofirmation that the money is for the woodstock sessions, and not the "new album".

Still no news, and I haven't received the CD & t-shirt either...it says 'August' now.

Inkblades

deftoneseba

Just received the following email:

Dear Pledgers!
Thank you all so very much for your continued patience as we navigate this new world and get you all what you made possible for us to give....

All cd and clothing orders are on the way and we will have an update regarding eta for vinyl within days.

Again, we appreciate your love, support and patience.

Team Sleep

deftoneseba

New one!

Shipping Update

Dear Pledgers, Again, thank you for your patience... All cd/tshirt & hoodie orders are out for delivery now and vinyl will be shipped on 9/20/15 Thank you! TS

Inkblades

defsteve

CD/t-shirt arrived today (UK)
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

E-Money

http://issuu.com/music_and_riots_mag/docs/issue_13_

New ts interview. I hope I got the right link. Was from the TS Facebook. Cool interview. Stoked for this crook beat oriented stuff! Sounds like were going to get a lot of music coming up!

Team sleep article starts on pg 84 I think...

truthaddict

That live EP was pretty solid.  I'm looking forward to whatever else they got.

Martin

T-shirt arrived yesterday, but not the CD. I pledged for the combo, that seems to not be there anymore? WTF's going on?

E-Money

I ordered 2 cd's. 1 vinyl and nothing yet...

deftoneseba

Quote from: defsteve on Aug 13, 2015, 03:28 AM
CD/t-shirt arrived today (UK)
Can you please post a pic of the t-shirt?