Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

Started by luisch, Feb 13, 2014, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sash73

All those unreleased songs were in my post in the other thread...Under "live rarities"...
including the 4 versions of "dreamland"...
Although I did edit out the in-between banter...

You probably want the full unedited show, which someone here should have....

GreenMaggit

No Sash, that is fine! I absolutely didn't notice how those were part of the Woodstock sessions in the live rarities section of your upload! October 18th is the date the songs are marked, for anyone else interested.

Is the track order I posted correct?

Shadow46/2

I'd kill for the finished version of New Guitar. Such a beaut

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Rally Sweat

Quote from: worship on Jun 08, 2016, 11:36 AM
Late to the party I know, I just heard Woodstock sessions for the first time, it's amazing! Death by plane is 1000x better than the studio one.
Usually I don't listen to live records, but this one is pure gold.

Death by Plane really disappointed me - it sounds too stripped down, and I prefer the raw quality of the original, like how Chino's voice is a bit crackly. Was expecting it to be much more developed as a song. Agree about everything else though - most of the songs are vastly improved.

worship

Quote from: Rally Sweat on Jun 19, 2016, 02:08 AM
Death by Plane really disappointed me - it sounds too stripped down, and I prefer the raw quality of the original, like how Chino's voice is a bit crackly. Was expecting it to be much more developed as a song. Agree about everything else though - most of the songs are vastly improved.

I got you, but I hated that sample at the beginning (live version is more subtle), it sounds way too out of key or something.  I always skip that song.
And to tell you the truth, I never really got into lyrics until live version, because I couldn't hear the words in the original. Awesome lyrics.

Inkblades

I love the Woodstock version of Death By Plane because it gives the song a new spin. Todd plays beautifully on it.

Rally Sweat

I still don't really know the lyrics! Sounds pretty fucking miserable though, which is all good! ;D True true, it practically sounds like a different song, which is probably why I have a hard time accepting it, as lame as that is!

Vesanic

krook

Would be nice if somebody remastered 27058. Turned the drums down just a bit and made it whole. One of their best tracks IMO.
I hate White Pony.

krook

However hard I tried to put the parts of the outro riff together, it doesn't sound right. Listen at 1:37-1:38 https://2ch.hk/fl/src/198461/14667648872980.webm
I'm sure someone can do it better. Such an awesome track.
I'm not even going to try to turn the drums down
I hate White Pony.

rhapsodos

So is it pretty much impossible to find Team Sleep on vinyl?

cvthedrv

Quote from: rhapsodos on Jul 14, 2016, 08:43 AM
So is it pretty much impossible to find Team Sleep on vinyl?

just the woodstocke session is on vinyl, there is not any other release on vinyl, which is a shame.

Freedomsoldier17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1xCIj9w8LM

maybe i'm wrong but the instrumental in this song really reminds me of something team sleep did. help anyone?

DeftonesNZ

sounds a bit like the guitar part of staring at the queen slower without the 2nd guitar melody

Inkblades

Todd video of a new song:

! No longer available

Give me now.

E-Money

God that sounds cool. Wish we could hear some more guitar on it.

ghettovaquero

I need the Team Sleep Cactus club live show MP3

deftfan

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Oct 07, 2016, 06:17 PM
I need the Team Sleep Cactus club live show MP3
Rly?...i just uploaded yesterday: Cactus Club in San Jose, CA, USA (December 18, 2001) on Deftones Zone FB:
www.facebook.com/defzonesite/posts/1298986990121068
also video snipp[et of Blvd. Nights (at Cactus club )
https://www.facebook.com/defzonesite/videos/1298828880136879/

:)

Inkblades

mrpelon94

I'm late to the party but I'm trying to figure this out...so I downloaded a team sleep live Woodstock session online with 13 tracks..and there is an official release of 9 tracks...are these the same show and the 9 were giving the official release treatment?