Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

Started by luisch, Feb 13, 2014, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYGh2dRhAnD/?taken-by=tholyghost

Kinda looks like those floppy discs have "Team Sleep" written on them.

boogabear123

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 23, 2017, 09:49 PM

Sorta. But no that couldn't be their logo, though I wish it was cause I would be gushing over new content from them any day. One of my favorite side projects to ever be.

Gamerjman19

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 23, 2017, 09:49 PM

Me and my friend thought the same thing

He also tagged Theatre 99 with the photo. It's a venue in Charleston South Carolina.

Inkblades

! No longer available

"Are you gonna bring Team Sleep back?" - Fan
"I want to. We have a lot of music and stuff, so hopefully."  - Chino, 7/26/2017

Uptown

There's nothing new under the sun.

Inkblades

Yeah, we've heard that before. I want to believe, though.

Gamerjman19

Made this in FL Studio

! No longer available

boogabear123

Thanks for that Gamerjman, it sounds real nice. It's like I can hear Chino singing or humming to it in the back of my head. The name Dreamland really fits the feel of the song.

Inkblades

Cool video, Gamer. Dreamland is one of my favorites of their newer material. I'm ready to here it as a finished song!

Vesanic

The version of Formant at Woodstock sessions is good but I keep going back to the original because of the "strings" on the choruses.

I would be forever grateful if someone edited them into the Woodstock version, it will sound amazing if done right.

Gamerjman19

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 11, 2017, 09:00 PM
Cool video, Gamer. Dreamland is one of my favorites of their newer material. I'm ready to here it as a finished song!
Yeah same here.

I really hope the new album fleshes out a lot of the old demos too.

What I would like to see on the new album:
Acoustic One
C2
China
Dreamland
Elizabeth (Chino Vocals)
Fen Fen
Gridlock
Just Kidding
March
New Guitar
No
Solid Gold
Table of Contents
T and C
TdCK
Tennisface

Gamerjman19

This guy has done all of the album art for Deftones since White Pony He also did the album art for Team Sleep

http://frankmaddocks.com/#/team-sleep/

Gamerjman19

Not sure if it means anything, but Todd was logged into the teamsleeppics account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZFYE50hMnd/?taken-by=tholyghost

Inkblades

While obsessing over what the next Team Sleep album could be as I often do, I came up with this tracklist:

1. Table of Contents / 160922 / Just Kidding / C Block / March / 161220 / Lppp / C2* / 27058 / Gridlock  (w/ Chino vocals - basically a crazy medley that goes through some of our favorite Team Sleep demos/rarities - quickly, though. I think it would be an awesome way to kick off the album and a nice nod to the fans...160922 and 161229 are on Todd's Youtube channel, btw, if you haven't heard them)
2. New Guitar*
3. bionicA (w/ Chino vocals)
4. Solid Gold*
5. Bossa (w/ Chino vocals)
6. Tennisface (w/ Chino vocals)
7. No (instrumental)
8. Dreamland*
9. September 21st, 1987 (w/ Chino vocals)
10. The Ole College Try (w/ Chino vocals)
11. Headhunter (w/ Chino vocals)
12. Appollonia* (an extended version, perhaps)
14. Fen Fen*
15. TdCk (instrumental)
16. Formant (w/ Chino vocals)

*songs we already know have Chino vocals

If they released this as an album or something similar to this, I really think it would be a masterpiece. Seriously.

FYI, I'd leave Mercedes and Iceache off because I think the Broyhill demos are perfect as is, while I'm also happy with the Death by Plane on Woodstock. Acoustic One doesn't really fit the mood of this tracklist for me. That leaves stuff like Koolaid and Scarf Bitch, which are really more Patton/Crow songs than Chino songs. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Chino could perform his own renditions of those songs, but there's more than enough material that it wouldn't be necessary.

Gamerjman19

I just wish they would start updating us again. Their twitter will be dormant for 2 years in a couple months.

I would also like to see the rest of the WS recordings released.

Vesanic

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 12, 2017, 05:05 AM
The version of Formant at Woodstock sessions is good but I keep going back to the original because of the "strings" on the choruses.

I would be forever grateful if someone edited them into the Woodstock version, it will sound amazing if done right.

Don't mean to insist but could someone do that? I'm convinced the track would be much better.

Gamerjman19

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 12, 2017, 10:24 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 12, 2017, 05:05 AM

Don't mean to insist but could someone do that? I'm convinced the track would be much better.

It wouldn't really sound that good unless we had the isolated string of the strings.

Vesanic

How about recreating them? I would do it myself but I only have my phone. I did it for Hexagram and it turned out pretty well.

Original
https://youtu.be/tiqzxuMrFxc

My "remaster"
https://youtu.be/Nhq2VYYWFBU

Gamerjman19

I wasn't sure if I should post it, but fuck it. Here you guys go. (I guess it's not "officially" a Team Sleep demo, but I don't know why Todd would just make this song and it wasn't for the band.)

! No longer available

Inkblades

Ah, damn, I totally forgot about May! Really relaxing song. Thanks for the posting that again, dude!