Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Self Ttitled Sessions?

Started by III, Feb 19, 2014, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

III

Hey how many songs other than the 11 songs from the album itself were recorded for the self titled. I know they record covers and they did lovers, but is there more. They messed around a lot in the studio so im not sure.

Thanks, III

tarkil

At least Black Moon, Crenshaw's Punch (I'll Throw Rocks at You) (even though that's an old one), possibly some mystical song called XO.
Just form the back of my head, so there may be more...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

kurtone

Black moon and Crenshaw were from the white pony sessions. I don't think there is anymore aside from XO

ignore the fashion

I am pretty sure Crenshaw is older than White Pony, at least the demo version.

kurtone

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Feb 20, 2014, 06:33 AM
I am pretty sure Crenshaw is older than White Pony, at least the demo version.

It may be. I just remember it was on the change single I had. So I assumed it was from the pony sessions

cvthedrv

im sure that crenshaw is from the around the fur recording sessions, in the booklet of b-sides and rarities some member comment something about it.

III

So they spent a year and a half on only 15 songs???

Wow that really was a bad time for them. Btw is FYIHYD from ST or SNW?

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

people are people

Crenshaw is from the atf sessions, was an out-take of the song Be Quiet and Drive.

tarkil

I think it may even be older than that, but it's only been released officially with White Pony singles, not sure when it was recorded, it might be written on the Change single booklet if anyone has it around ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

snw9

Crenshaw is indeed from ATF sessions. It was played once in 1999 San fransico. It didnt make ATF because of Be Quiet and drive (far away).

Black Moon I am not sure but could be from White Pony - Self-titled sessions. Chino did Rock Superstar in 2000 on Cypress Hill Album and said he owed B-Real a song so he quickly composed a beat and they recorded.

Just to be clear, Black moon wasn't recorded during White Pony sessions but afterwards.

From self-titled are the following:

Lovers, Sinatra, some cover of a spanish song (forgot the name sorry) and XO (unreleased and unknown).
Code: [Select]

slyartwork

Quote from: snw9 on Feb 21, 2014, 02:27 PM
cover of a spanish song.

Do you mean Sleepwalk? It's not spanish. It's a cover from a 1959 song by Johnny and Santos, an American/Italian rock n roll duo.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Cullision

"Crenshaw punch or I'll throw rocks at you - call it what you like. This was the last song we recorded for the around the fur sessions." Abe. From the b-sides booklet.

Oh and black moon "This song was the very last thing recorded for the white pony sessions." Chino.

Sushi-X

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 21, 2014, 05:36 PM
cover of a spanish song.

Do you mean Sleepwalk? It's not spanish. It's a cover from a 1959 song by Johnny and Santos, an American/Italian rock n roll duo.

He must think that because the original Sleepwalk was used in the latin film La Bamba.

Rocket Skates '94

kurtone

Quote from: Sushi-X on Feb 22, 2014, 04:30 AM
cover of a spanish song.

He must think that because the original Sleepwalk was used in the latin film La Bamba.

RITCHIEEEEEEEEEE

snw9

cover of a spanish song.

Yep that is the name. Thanks for the correction, still an amazing cover though.
Code: [Select]

III

Wait whats XO again? How do you know it exists if its unknown and unreleased?

Romain

If I'm correct, XO is another piano piece like FYIHYD and Chino briefly talks about it in one of those 2007 tour videos they were posting at the time.

M1GHTY M4VS

Some have it as Black Moon outtake but I think it is something none of us had heard in its entire.

Alxn

hey does somebody have a list of all deftones' b-sides? i googled it and all i am getting is results of "b-sides and rarities" album. someone?