Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Can chino be replace??

Started by Northcal, Mar 18, 2014, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

I would fully support the other members if they wanted to do something with another aslong it wasn't Deftones Chino is just to big of a part to swap out, he contributes lyrics,vocals,guitar and overall composition there's no way he could just be swapped out not to mention the years of history he has with the other members and the effect that chemistry has on the music, basically it's simple if  you don't like them anymore don't listen to them, that's what normal people do,I think your trying to force it because you went out and got tattoo's not realising that one day they might change so at this stage you feel commited to what you see as a sinking ship and it seems easier to try force the band to go back to what you say is good than it is to cut your arms off so that's what you're doing. But in all seriousness just listen to other music there's lots of good shit out there it's a simple as going out and finding some new stuff that has those elements you feel the new Deftones material is missing. And don't pester Chino you know he's just going to say whatever it takes to make you leave he's not going to open up to a complete stranger, all it's going to do is make it harder for other fans who just want to say hello to their heroes.

deftjess

i know steph is the founder of deftones, but he's also getting lazy with his sound its not only chino.

Steph needs to get his ass in gear to.

pony_01

snw9

Code: [Select]

hi man

Like nz said. They can have a band without chino. It just wont be ''deftones'' anymore.

And the dude that made this topic is actually gonna go to a deftones show just to try and piss off chino because he realised his tattoo was a mistake hahah

normsteez

fucking retarded question
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

Northcal

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Mar 19, 2014, 12:28 PM
I would fully support the other members if they wanted to do something with another aslong it wasn't Deftones Chino is just to big of a part to swap out, he contributes lyrics,vocals,guitar and overall composition there's no way he could just be swapped out not to mention the years of history he has with the other members and the effect that chemistry has on the music, basically it's simple if  you don't like them anymore don't listen to them, that's what normal people do,I think your trying to force it because you went out and got tattoo's not realising that one day they might change so at this stage you feel commited to what you see as a sinking ship and it seems easier to try force the band to go back to what you say is good than it is to cut your arms off so that's what you're doing. But in all seriousness just listen to other music there's lots of good shit out there it's a simple as going out and finding some new stuff that has those elements you feel the new Deftones material is missing. And don't pester Chino you know he's just going to say whatever it takes to make you leave he's not going to open up to a complete stranger, all it's going to do is make it harder for other fans who just want to say hello to their heroes.
I can respect your comments bro ,deftones played only once at ace of spades 2011 chino got all diva backstage and he coming back like nothing happened,lol

defburn

BULLSHIT  TREAD , DEFTONES WITH ANOTHER SINGER IS NOT DEFTONES

shoop

Quote from: defburn on Mar 19, 2014, 09:01 PM
it's northcal posting.. what do you expect.

deftones47

No sir. Chino is a vital part of Deftones.

Northcal

Quote from: shoop on Mar 19, 2014, 09:41 PM
Quote from: defburn on Mar 19, 2014, 09:01 PM
it's northcal posting.. what do you expect.
me vale Madre wey

TheyCallMeP

Northcal

I think he could be replace,but its nice to see how many muthafuckas back him up!!respect to all of SL 8)

Jacob

Chino is the most creative part of the band. Sure, Stef can write awesome riffs. But without Chino, they wouldn't have their unique sound at all. They'd be something completely different.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

wheresmysnare

Quote from: Jacob on Mar 25, 2014, 06:02 AM
Chino is the most creative part of the band. Sure, Stef can write awesome riffs. But without Chino, they wouldn't have their unique sound at all. They'd be something completely different.

It's funny how on some of the early demo's chino tried to sing in a 'traditional American rock' style, almost like an impersonator. If he hadn't found his own identity vocally I doubt they'd have got off the ground like they did and I sure as hell wouldn't be listening to them.

cvthedrv

i think fred durst would be a good option.

pinata89

Short answer: no
Long answer: no

White Wrist

pony_01

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Mar 27, 2014, 03:01 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Mar 25, 2014, 06:02 AM

It's funny how on some of the early demo's chino tried to sing in a 'traditional American rock' style, almost like an impersonator. If he hadn't found his own identity vocally I doubt they'd have got off the ground like they did and I sure as hell wouldn't be listening to them.

dude by that time, he's not even 20 years old...

deftones47