Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Can chino be replace??

Started by Northcal, Mar 19, 2014, 12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northcal

Like i said before chino could easily be replace by a  deftones fan that knows chino style ,but the fans wouldn't let that happen,so that's the truth.yall have a great day! I respect all the chino fans that back him up!

digital bath

Deftones can't exist without Chino.

Inkblades

Quote from: Northcal on Mar 29, 2014, 11:09 PM
Like i said before chino could easily be replace by a  deftones fan that knows chino style

Northcal

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 31, 2014, 02:33 AM
Like i said before chino could easily be replace by a  deftones fan that knows chino style

you should listen to the one about me and your mom,yumm

Inkblades

Quote from: Northcal on Mar 31, 2014, 03:13 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 31, 2014, 02:33 AM

you should listen to the one about me and your mom,yumm

Northcal

defTHE1s

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Mar 27, 2014, 05:01 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Mar 25, 2014, 08:02 AM
Chino is the most creative part of the band. Sure, Stef can write awesome riffs. But without Chino, they wouldn't have their unique sound at all. They'd be something completely different.

It's funny how on some of the early demo's chino tried to sing in a 'traditional American rock' style, almost like an impersonator. If he hadn't found his own identity vocally I doubt they'd have got off the ground like they did and I sure as hell wouldn't be listening to them.
Which early demos, to be specific?  :o

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Lucky_Me

Why would a Deftones fan ask in the first place?  :-\
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

Northcal

Quote from: Lucky_Me on Aug 23, 2014, 10:06 PM
Why would a Deftones fan ask in the first place?  :-\
have u seen pics of chino lately?

Lucky_Me

So you want to replace him, just because he's fat? Aren't, like, all Deftones a bit fat? And why does it matter? In my eyes, Chino is still a great singer and performer and he treats his fans really nicely. If that is what you mean, than I think that being fat is Chino's choice and we shouldn't mind his business. As long as he can still do what he's paid for (that is, being an artist), I think it's a very rude and unpleasant statement to make, wanting him to be replaced. A fan should love their favorite artist, even if they have a figure like a weeble. I think Chino's still doing very well on stage and so I see no reason to have someone else fill his shoes. He may not be a size 0, but he is a talented and kind-hearted man and to me, that's a lot more important.

III

Um I don't get the argument saying that he's fat. Like if that's how some of you feel, then I totally respect that. But from my point of view (which doesn't really mean anything), he doesn't look like he's gaining excessive amounts of weight or anything like that. Not to mention that he really hasn't had that much of a break from singing since last December. So, I mean if you never get the chance to rest because people are too impatient to wait for anything, you get a poor product. So, that's where I am coming from. Btw, weight (in terms of a max of 136.078 kg) does not really influence your vocals. Don't believe me? Check out The Dear Hunter and be amazed! *cue magical sparkles that make me disapear* woooooooo

Shadow46/2

Quote from: III on Aug 25, 2014, 03:20 AM
*cue magical sparkles that make me disapear* woooooooo

Lmao

Also, +1

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Lucky_Me

I'm sorry, Northcal, I suppose we've misunderstood each other. Shit happens and I do have a pet topic. No, seriously, weight doesn't affect your voice at all, or else, people like Meatloaf and Andrea Botitcelli wouldn't have been such great singers. Or old me (size 18/20, now 8/10), even though my voice was still developing.  :P The truth is, I love Chino (in a perfectly healthy, non-creepy, platonic way) and I love him for whom he is, so I think I may have falsely stood up for him. I didn´t quite get your tone there and honestly, your question, I found very upsetting in the first place. That must explain a lot.

I agree that Chino may want to take a break, but replacing him sounds, so... definitive. And I don't think anyone of us wants that. Even if his voice will be shit someday, I´ll still always want Chino to there, because for a lot of people, fandom also comes with idolatry. That´s why I also love side projects: there´s always a familiar face around, which is perfect for shy people like myself. But anyways, I do agree with you that Chino may want to take a vacation and have some rest, take better care of himself, but I'll never want him to be 'replaced'. As long as he is still able to perform and enjoying it, I'd say we should let him. I'd rather sit through a hiatus and have back a happy Chino, than I'd get to miss him on an album or tour, no matter how much I would get to love and respect their new singer. But I'm just speaking for myself, I don't know how the others would see that.

deftones86

Deftones Is the push and pull of Chino and Steph. its not Deftones without either one. I mean really its all of them. They dont even sound the same now without Chi.

elite54

I can't believe this thread has made 3 pages replying to a moron.

Northcal

Quote from: elite54 on Aug 26, 2014, 07:21 AM
I can't believe this thread has made 3 pages replying to a moron.
lol,but u here though ,huh bitch! ;)

Lucky_Me

@Elite54: I don't think we're here to reply to a moron, but to stand up for our favorite singer. It is what fans do. As they would do it for a friend, I believe, fandom (idolatry) is a kind of a non-mutual friendship. If a random idiot says something bad about your best friend, you would respond to them too, right? And as we acknowledge Northcal's existence by doing this, I think our goal is to prove to ourselves and our peers that this rather abstract concept is still 'glorified' in a manner of speaking, but in socially accepted fashion. Chino is who we have in common, so we speak up against who does not have this particular trait. I think social allies are formed not just by one mutual trait, but also by filtering out those who do not carry this characteristic.

But that's just my theory on this behavior. I think it sounds a lot more interesting than certain calling people a troll and facepalming because we have actually fed them.  ;)