Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones - Smile (Eros)

Started by Inkblades, Apr 13, 2014, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diplo

Quote from: illmono on Apr 15, 2014, 12:12 PM
Quote from: Romain on Apr 15, 2014, 10:28 AM
I don't see why everyone is so surprised about the song being removed, it was obviously going to happen. I mean yeah it sucks, but when bands belong to a label, it's supposed to mean something. The artist doesn't have the publishing rights, that's why they sign with a label, right? So they can publish and promote it in an effective manner, and if they actually never do it, it doesn't give the artist any more right to publish, no matter if the bassist is dead.

unfortunately, it's true...at least almost everyone downloaded the song

Even if the album is not finish ?
I understand the law but I don't get the fact that a man who created a song can't do whatever he wants.
I hope the views and the the rip will show that a lot of people still want this album.

endstand

Anyone knows what deal Deftones signed with Warner Bros? I mean how much albums to they still have to make for Warner Bros?

It'd be interesting to know what would happen if the deal between the band and the record company would end and wouldn't be renewed? Which side would get rights for Eros - Deftones or Warner?
hello memory lover, you are mine

black coffee

Warner Bros owns the rights to all the Eros material, thereby Chino cannot just offer a song for free. To do with the music what he wants, he'd need to buy himself out of the contract with Warner Bros, and that would be very costly.

Slacker

what a nice treat/tribute. nice chino.

now it is obviously unmastered. so i can see the amount of work that this will take for a finished product.

the guitar lead seems pretty sloppy, am i the only one who think its chino's performance? i know it seems counterintuitive, but...

kurtone

Quote from: endstand on Apr 15, 2014, 02:45 PM
Anyone knows what deal Deftones signed with Warner Bros? I mean how much albums to they still have to make for Warner Bros?

It'd be interesting to know what would happen if the deal between the band and the record company would end and wouldn't be renewed? Which side would get rights for Eros - Deftones or Warner?

I was curious to this as well. I would think they would be close to being done with the deal. Hopefully WB would let them keep Eros so they could do what they want with it. I know when thrice was let out of their contract with a major the label let them keep alchemy index, but I think because it wasn't what the label wanted.

Diplo

Quote from: Slacker on Apr 15, 2014, 06:23 PM
the guitar lead seems pretty sloppy, am i the only one who think its chino's performance? i know it seems counterintuitive, but...

I wonder that too, I heard their own style but I will go for Stephen. Also there is two guitars so I don't know. Any guitarists here ?

Freedomsoldier17

I wonder if they'll be willing to perform it live during their next shows..

luisch

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Apr 14, 2014, 06:38 PM
it's perfect old-school deftones.  only chino could make the phrase "smile" work and sound sinister

This

www.DEFTONES.CL | @luisch | @deftoneslatino
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Diplo on Apr 15, 2014, 08:26 PM
Quote from: Slacker on Apr 15, 2014, 06:23 PM

I wonder that too, I heard their own style but I will go for Stephen. Also there is two guitars so I don't know. Any guitarists here ?
Yeah I think there's steph playing low power chords aswell as chino playing the high bits.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Apr 14, 2014, 06:38 PM
it's perfect old-school deftones.  only chino could make the phrase "smile" work and sound sinister

It wouldn't fit the mood of the song though, which seems romantic and intimate to me.

shine down unshy

"do you feel wet?"

Chino isn't even trying to be subtle anymore.

fuzzylogics

They did say that Chi played guitar on one of the Eros songs. Might explain the rather sloppy (non-Steph) style.

Thinking out-loud.

luisch

Diplo

Nice pic, where it comes from ?

luisch

From the 2008 Deftones Myspace background, I think this will be part of the artwork (have two or three more pics of these time but need to search more patiently in my files) of EROS

defburn

luisch

Diplo

Great artwork ! thanks to share this.

Shadow46/2

Oh man that brings me back.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Corleone

RIP Chi... You're born again