Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones - Smile (Eros)

Started by Inkblades, Apr 13, 2014, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceache

I don't expect them to sell Eros. I suspect that we're going to get "leaks" like this from Chino.

Freedomsoldier17

I'm loving the drum slamming after "do you feel love" and the guitar tune. Also, the bridge reminds me a bit of Moana.

DeftonesNZ

I love this the somber tone with the weird electronic beat and heavy drums is the sort of stuff I expected from Eros, this a really cool suprise just sucks it has to be for this occassion.

ChannelZer0

I really can't stop listening to this track! I'm in love.
Sorrow

sing blue silver

Okay now that I'm hearing this in some quality headphones, this wall of sound shit is pretty awesome.

luisch

Quote from: FlyingPiranha on Apr 13, 2014, 08:57 PM
Was there any kind of artwork released for a cover, or something that could work as one? This song is looking really lonely with no artwork in my iTunes.

Not official, not mine, but anyways

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: FlyingPiranha on Apr 13, 2014, 08:57 PM
Was there any kind of artwork released for a cover, or something that could work as one? This song is looking really lonely with no artwork in my iTunes.

Not for a cover, but there's some official artwork. http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2479/sanstitre1on.png

FlyingPiranha

Thanks Luisch and Freedom, those are great. Really dig the jellyfish one.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

mono

Quote from: UrZ* on Apr 13, 2014, 08:35 PM
Mixing not even done.. still sounds awesome.. Terry <3

+1

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 14, 2014, 12:06 AM
Okay now that I'm hearing this in some quality headphones, this wall of sound shit is pretty awesome.

Seriously, after a few more listens, I don't think it's the shock of getting something new. This is really good. Sorry for posting so much about this, it's just good to have something real to talk about on this forum again, haha. In summary, missing Chi and wanting Eros.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

iceache

If the rest of the album is similar to this song.. I could bet you that Eros is the best Deftones album. Hands down.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: iceache on Apr 14, 2014, 02:21 AM
If the rest of the album is similar to this song.. I could bet you that Eros is the best Deftones album. Hands down.

From what I've read its pretty variable, ranging from dark and experimental to energetic and "dancey". At least that's what the Wikipedia article said.

patrick

Great tribute for Chi.  I think this is Eros music with newish vocals.  "you want to feel again.... you wanted this.... welcome to my world....now you want to feel again      Smile your born again"   If these lyrics are before Chi's accident that would be crazy......

deftones86

Man I really don't know what to say with the circumstances and context surrounding this song its perfect. I think I'll go cry like I have a huge vagina now.

mrpelon94

feels good to have new deftones track....awesome song......was there any studio version of melanie...released other than the live version...that song rocks too

kurtone

Really surprised this isn't being talked about more. People must abandon this site when there isn't a new album on the horizon lol. Thanks for the rip Luisch

aeroplume

liked it at first.  not so much on the second time. or the third. then i thought "oh yeah im like this with every deftones album."

this song fucking rocks.

i say they finish it, release it, donate all the money to chi's family, and never play it live, that way they wont have to play it without chi.

but what do i know; i'm not in the deftones.

great fucking song and i imagine its a great fucking record. in my opinion it would live up to the hype, unlike chinese democracy. 

epistaxis

I went to bed with this song and I woke up with up it.
I need to stop listening to this before I'm bored by overplaying but...I just can't.

rainnyx4

Song would've been great if it hadn't been for that lazy bridge that they've used in a million songs already.

Diplo

Really great song but I would rather have the mixing (if a mixing will be).
Raaah so much question, the instrumentals were made when Terry was supposed to do the album ? When was the vocals recorded ?
It's a demo ? A final version ?

But now I'm really trying to stop listening it on repeat, I think it's just a tribute for Chi by Chino and that's it. Nothing will leak or maybe after a long time I guess.
(Still hoping I'm wrong).