Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Extremely rare items - Worth selling?

Started by ToneDef, May 05, 2014, 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

Hey guys,

So hey, we get older, times change, responsibilities come and go - being a grown-up sucks. In times of need sometimes we gotta do tough things, so I dug out my Deftones treasure chest.

There was a time when I'd try and lay my hands on some pretty rare shit to do with this band and on occasion I'd succeed. The most prized of these items have always been stored away and occasionally dug out to admire.

The items I guess you'd say were of note are:-

White Pony Red Vinyl
7 Words 7'' Vinyl
7 Words CD single
Bored CD single
My Own Summer and Can't Even Breathe promo cassette - sealed
Bored/Lifter/7 Words promo cassette in black sleeve. I think I paid quite a lot for this particular item at the time.

What I'm wondering is do you guys think they'd fetch much these days? The era I bought these in was when the band were at the peak of their popularity. These kind of items would pop up now and again but were always highly contested on eBay. The Red White Pony vinyl was always a bitch to get. I realise demand is much lower now but are there people willing to pay good money for these items still? I'd sell them individually.

I can take pics and stuff, just testing the water.

nicklav

The Red Vinyl will fetch you a nice sum on eBay. I've seen them go for a couple hundred in the past.

Not too sure on the rest.

Northcal

Cassette prices sir? 8) I love that shit

black coffee

Makes sense that you ask for potential prices instead of just putting those things on ebay right away, but in the end its all about demand and supply anyways. Something might be worth 500 euros, if you don't find the person who pays you that price then that estimation is worthless.

Like I got a Sega Dreamcast for relatively little money on ebay recently. When I picked it up it was obvious the seller was very disappointed with the price he made, and asked me what he could have done better in my opinion ( like higher quality pictures or a more detailed description ).

All I could them him was that theres always a risk with ebay. This week you make 200 euros, the next 50 and the one after that 100 for the same article.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah like coffee said it's just timing, they may just sit there for months and months without interest or you might get someone with a bit of cash come in a buy all of them, I don't really know dollar what the worth is but I would say just don't sell them at a price you'll regret, you've got some really cool items there that i doubt you want to get rid of but if you do it should atleast be for a price your happy with, if you can afford to have them sitting for sale for a while just put them on for what you'd be happy with and then just adjust your prices as you get offers which will tell you what the markets doing.

ToneDef

Good advice, thanks. Respect on the Dreamcast. It's my favourite console. I actually have a Shenmue 2 copy. They sold for good prices for a while.

I used to check eBay regularly for cool deftones stuff but obviously demand is lower these days. I'll weigh up my options and if it comes to selling I'll take your advice on board.

deftones86

I'd wait till they are finished with the next album. Thats prob when their popularity will be the highest.