Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Bloody Cape Unreleased EP Info

Started by III, Jun 20, 2014, 09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

III

http://archive.today/JL9vo

To whoever was curious about the mysterious acoustic track XO, this is the only source (kinda took a while to find) of anything regarding this track other than the 2007 tour video.

Peace,

III

III

black coffee

The question is not about the existance or non-existance of this song, but if it ever leaks on the internet for us all to download. So I am not entirely sure what to thank you for.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: black coffee on Jun 23, 2014, 09:34 AM
The question is not about the existance or non-existance of this song, but if it ever leaks on the internet for us all to download. So I am not entirely sure what to thank you for.

we just need to get Chino drunk again(not sure if he's clean or not now, but i know he's off of the hard stuff)

defTHE1s

I kinda remembered Reading back when the EP was about to be released that was a title track for Lovers... but now I see that I was wrong. So, let's (hope)wait...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

snw9

Thanks for the info, I never knew the source of this song..we can add XO to the list of other songs, including titleless diamond eyes track that we will never hear..
Code: [Select]

hi man

III

DeftonesNZ

Yeah it's black moon, if you look on spotify they have black moon as XO

III

If Maverick Listed the EP at any point in time, then it's very unlikely that they did not manufacture any EP's at all. That'sjust not how the Record Companies work. Even if they scrapped the EP, there are physical copies in existence of the EP with XO on it. So, if anybody could get some sort of archival software that could allow a computer to access the original listing of the EP, then we could probably hear some of it. And if it was put up for sale digitally, we might even be able to get the full version. But that's just my theory.

DeftonesNZ

No wouldn't work I don't think they ever  uploaded it in the first place and even if you did go on an archived version none of the linked files would work because the servers that host the files have changed so even if a website in 2003 had a sample and we could view an archived version of that website the file wouldn't be found as those archivers don't backup all the content mainly just the basic html and css no video or music files or even embedded java and the links to the original media files would be broken because the servers either no longer exist or have been updated, if at any point it had been for sale or had been up anywhere a few people atleast would have it I think the fact is XO as in the song we've just heard snippets of not black moon was just never released in any form.

III

Yeah that makes a lot more sense. The day that they just release all of their shit on a huge compilation album, is the day when I will understand why the beatles put out a box set ever other year hahaha