Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes- blue/white marbled vinyl

Started by AngryWhopper, Jun 24, 2014, 10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryWhopper

Hello there,
My name is Wesley, I'm from Holland and new to the forum.

I've been searching for an answer to my question for a while now but can't seem to find it.
I bought this sealed vinyl copy of Diamond eyes that supposed to be the white version (the only version to my knowledge). I know there is a European and a US pressing.
This is the US version.
When I opened the seal I found this blue/white marbled record instead of the white one.
Does anyone else have this too? Or did I stumble on some kind of bootleg version. I checked the run-out codes, and they are the same as the US pressing.

tom.lac

Hi Wesley,

Could you post some better pictures of the LP and the cover (with barcode) please?
This version seems strange...

Tom

mono

Quote from: tom.lac on Jun 24, 2014, 12:34 PM
Could you post some better pictures of the LP and the cover (with barcode) please?

+1 here
thanks

AngryWhopper

That's what I thought, but other than the vinyl, everything looks legit. Even the run-out etching is the same as the US pressing, I couldn't make it show up on a picture, but it is: 86693 1A 1-511922 and 86693 1B 1-511922
Here are some better pictures:

slyartwork

This is awesome. Some blue from another pressing might have caused the marble effect. Never heard or seen about this. Cool! I would have love to have this too. En, ik kom ook uit Nederland ;-)
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

slyartwork

I mean that the blue was still in vinyl machine causing the marble effect. When more pressings were made, the blue disappears so only white is left. I guess they were supposed to leave this one out of the ones which were to be sold.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

AngryWhopper

Hey thanks @slyartwork, so you think it is all legit? Everything else seems like it should be.
Do you have a copy of Diamond Eyes on vinyl?
I have had that before with vinyl pressings, that it had a little color left from a previous pressing, but never this severe. This is more blue than white.

Photi

That's definitely cool man, I'd hang on to that! I kinda wish mine was like that. My copy is slightly discolored, it's kinda grey with brown and some black specs in it. I've never really thought anything of it until I saw this thread and decided to look up pictures of other peoples copies.

AngryWhopper

Thanks for sharing that, I felt a little unhappy with it at first, but I think I will hang on to it like you said. So at least I'm not the only one with a blue-ish version.
Thanks again!