Started by Vesanic, Jul 21, 2014, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bebo

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 22, 2014, 11:40 PM
I asked you not to share this, dude.

whats the benefit of hoarding again?

thanks anyways

cvthedrv

afteen fourteen years i think i've fell in love with this album again, what a fucking beauty!

shine down unshy

That Teenager instrumental is chill as fuck.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Jesus2Chino

I really can't understand why you would want to keep something like this to yourself :(. I respect that you somehow managed to obtain these tracks, and that it might have been difficult (or expensive even) to procure them, but it's music man, it's meant to be shared and listened to. If money is the issue, give us a place to donate and I'm sure you'll make up for the loss. I wonder how much amazing stuff is just rotting in people's computers and external hard drives :(. I'm not trying to pick a fight, just expressing my sadness, lol. At the end of the day, whether you wanted this leaked or not, thank you for managing to get these--it really gives me a whole new perspective on one of my favorite albums of all time, and it's something that I really needed right now. No matter the means, a lot of people are really grateful for these, so again, thank you.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Vesanic

For real? From what I remember, I asked you about sharing and you didn't get back to me. Either way, I just figured it was about time to unleash the beast. And like you said back in the day, it's not even about gloating. I just thought good vibes in the community wouldn't hurt. I didn't mean to come off as an asshole, in which case, I understand. If I made some people angry at you, I'm sorry, I just don't believe in eternal hoarding. Getting more Deftones stuff is like dominoes, you share some shit, then someone else follows. I mean think about that dude who got us the SNW, DE and KNY instrumentals.

Penicks

god damn that crunchy guitar sounds so good

hockball26

This shit is great.  Thanks for sharing.

buddyboy101

Quote from: MrVesanique on Jul 23, 2014, 11:24 AM

For real? From what I remember, I asked you about sharing and you didn't get back to me. Either way, I just figured it was about time to unleash the beast. And like you said back in the day, it's not even about gloating. I just thought good vibes in the community wouldn't hurt. I didn't mean to come off as an asshole, in which case, I understand. If I made some people angry at you, I'm sorry, I just don't believe in eternal hoarding. Getting more Deftones stuff is like dominoes, you share some shit, then someone else follows. I mean think about that dude who got us the SNW, DE and KNY instrumentals.

For whatever reason, he deleted his post about gloating - probably because it contradicts his current position about not sharing.  Anyways, I understand if you obtain something special, sharing it might break the trust of whoever gave it to you.  But skinnypuppy's mistake was sharing it with anyone in the first place.  Once you tell someone a secret, you're assuming the risk that it will be shared.  On the other hand, if he obtained it by nefarious means, then he really has no ground to object.  Either way these instrumental are dope, and I don't see the harm in them being shared, especially 14 years after the release of the album -  thank you V for continuing to provide the sickest shit in the deftones community.

Vesanic

After all if I'm an asshole for sharing this shit, or made Jon or anyone mad, it's a shame but I'll survive. Sorry for any harm done. When someone asks me to keep something hidden, I usually do it, but as I didn't remember Jon's position on that and kind of felt it would be okay, well, I acted on instinct and shared something thousands of people would like to hear.

Vesanic

Hahahaha, oh my. Funny thing is I ended up getting those tracks. I don't think all that much different now about that one time, like I mentioned there was a fair amount involved.

Diplo

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Jul 23, 2014, 07:01 PM
Quote from: MrVesanique on Jul 23, 2014, 11:24 AM

Either way these instrumental are dope, and I don't see the harm in them being shared, especially 14 years after the release of the album -  thank you V for continuing to provide the sickest shit in the deftones community.

This.

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

cvthedrv

thank you very much, that's the best shit you could ever do insted of keep just for yourself something so beautiful.

ChickenNoodle

Thank you very much Mr. V! Also, welcome back. I lurk but I noticed you left, returned, left again and now your back. Please stay if you gonna keep dropping gems like these. Ha! Thanks again.

Northcal

Ves  dropping dope on these fool's,lol welcome back
even thou u don't really like me,lol

nicklav

Quote from: Penicks on Jul 23, 2014, 01:04 PM
god damn that crunchy guitar sounds so good

I miss that 6-string sound so much.

nicklav

S/T

Vesanic ...make it happen.