Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

White Pony Instrumentals

Started by Vesanic, Jul 21, 2014, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkomilicic

snw9

Quote from: III on Jul 27, 2014, 06:39 PM
Wait a month or two. I can hook you guys up

Are these official releases from the Label? Just curious to know who releases them.
Code: [Select]

skinnypuppy

-

Penicks

are the self-titled instrumentals available y/n

cvthedrv

Dath

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 28, 2014, 11:05 PMAll your attitudes make me less enticed to be part of this community or share things.

I'll leave this response up for a day or two and then delete it, along with limited or removing my account. This is too stupid for me to continue being part of.

A large number of the responses in this thread are just people excited to hear official instrumentals from one of their favorite bands, not discussions about you. For you to say this in your rant:

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 28, 2014, 11:05 PMI'm just as stoked about instrumental or rare releases as any of you.

But then still blanket the community as entitled morons for being "stoked about [an] instrumental release" is just not cool. I'm sure you have valid reasons for being upset about this, but don't take it out on fans that have nothing to do with it.

skinnypuppy

-

Dath

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 29, 2014, 02:48 AM
All of whom posted an opinion about what I said*

I stated what I felt based off people who had an opinion about what I said, which is 'Ves I asked you not to share this"

Sorry for blanketing something accidentally, though to be fair your attitude to my statement is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm somehow being made out to be the bad guy even though I supplied the source... That's why I'm upset. I'm being honest and explaining my side of it but we're in a Reddit-world where everyone's opinion is more important than the person who asked nicely on more than one occasion to someone who I deemed a casual friend for a decade. I really can't even believe I'm defending myself right now to someone with 103 posts. Go away. You'll never understand how much Deftones and this community means to me, so don't try to pretend you do, kid.

Ok, thank you for clarifying that. Although, my attitude wasn't because of the release or its circumstances. It was because your post gave me the impression that you were insulting a bunch of people even if all they were doing was enjoying the tracks.

The Reddit world thing, I don't understand. It sounds like you're making a comparison to the karma system essentially devaluing post content because of a point value (As if Ves has high karma for sharing it, and you have low karma for taking issue with it, regardless of the circumstances surrounding it, so users seem to turn against you). If that is the kind of thing you're trying to say, how come you seem to think my opinion means less because of my post count/point value?

I'm not claiming to know more about Deftones or this community than you, or to be a bigger fan, or anything of the sort. I'm also not going to take a side in a personal conflict I don't know the details of. The reason I was antagonistic was because I was under the impression you were blanketing people unfairly.

skinnypuppy

-

Vesanic

Then it's my bad. I mean yeah, knowing that y oushared it with me, I did think you would share it at some point maybe but like I said, I didn't remember and I wasn't sure how much it meant. I'm an ass but what's new. Sorry dude.

Northcal

Who the fukk cares! Ves thanks for sharing ,everyone please continue with your life! :-X

Dath

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 29, 2014, 03:45 AM
I already explained what my Reddit statement meant, it has nothing to do with 'karma' nor do I care about karma. You literally just proved my point. 'The Reddit World' is when people assume what the authors means, and responds based off assumption.  I posted in this topic that I wished Ves would have kept his promise in not sharing this content, and some of the users who commented back to my statement acted as if they knew the situation when they did not.  That is the reddit-world. People who think they know a situation when they don't, which you just did by assuming I meant karma when I outlined it in my above post anyway.

"but we're in a Reddit-world where everyone's opinion is more important than the person who asked nicely on more than one occasion to someone who I deemed a casual friend for a decade."

Did you even read what I said? No where did I even imply it had to do with karma.

Quote from: Dath on Jul 29, 2014, 03:35 AM
The Reddit world thing, I don't understand. It sounds like you're making a comparison to the karma system...If that is the kind of thing you're trying to say

I tried to be as clear as I could in conveying that I wasn't assuming anything. Since I wasn't sure on what you were saying there, I took an interpretation to try and address it, because I didn't want to just completely ignore one of the points you were making. However, because I wasn't 100% certain of what you were saying, I made an effort to emphasize that both before and after I talked about it. My apologies, I could have been more direct about that.

"That is the reddit-world. People who think they know a situation when they don't."
That made things a lot clearer. You're right on that point, we obviously don't know your situation regarding that release. That's exactly why I'm not taking a side on whether it should have leaked or not, its not my place.

Anyway, I already mentioned why I was annoyed with you earlier at the end of my last post, and you clarified your meaning. I also know what you meant by Reddit-world now, so there's that.

The only thing I'm trying to do at the moment is address any misconceptions about what I've said. I don't have any reason to be upset at you right now, but since we've been going back and forth on things for a little while I want to make sure you know I don't have any hard feelings.

Jesus2Chino

If you've never speculated based on a vague statement and casually discussed it, than you're not human, lol. If you didn't want people commenting on it, there was no need to post what seems like a private message to V publicly. You're right, none of us knew the situation, and none of us are entitled to hear any of the rarities in your sole possession--I still don't think that makes it wrong to discuss the merits of not sharing really awesome stuff. Not knowing the situation is exactly what causes the speculative, "I wonder why," and the, "I don't understand," comments to pop up. Anywho, no hard feelings were meant to be dealt, so my apologies if I caused any offense. While I may not have the post count, I've been on these forums for 14 years and can totally appreciate what guys like you and V have done for the community over that time. Hopefully you reconsider leaving the boards altogether!

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Northcal

For all we know ves got  the Melanie demo track up his sleeve,lol

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Jul 29, 2014, 05:58 AM
If you've never speculated based on a vague statement and casually discussed it, than you're not human, lol. If you didn't want people commenting on it, there was no need to post what seems like a private message to V publicly. You're right, none of us knew the situation, and none of us are entitled to hear any of the rarities in your sole possession--I still don't think that makes it wrong to discuss the merits of not sharing really awesome stuff. Not knowing the situation is exactly what causes the speculative, "I wonder why," and the, "I don't understand," comments to pop up. Anywho, no hard feelings were meant to be dealt, so my apologies if I caused any offense. While I may not have the post count, I've been on these forums for 14 years and can totally appreciate what guys like you and V have done for the community over that time. Hopefully you reconsider leaving the boards altogether!

Much respect,
-Matt

You are a champion of reason and understanding. There is a golden palace awaiting for you way beyond what this world's peril has to offer .You are gold.

Hey skinnypuppy ..

You honestly think the person or persons you got it from were not told the same thing ?

But yet....

DeftonesNZ

I understand both sides of the situation Skinnypuppy had his trust breached and Ves didn't realise it was such an issue, end of the day these don't really belong to anyone except the band and the record company and there release has made alot of people happy, I honestly don't see anyone in the band getting upset about this either especially given it's been 14 years just sucks that a fan like Skinnypuppy has had to lose out for our gain, hopefully it helps him a little to know alot of people are geniunely cherising these and don't seem him as a bad guy for being upset they were released.

snw9

Quote from: Northcal on Jul 29, 2014, 07:07 AM
For all we know ves got  the Melanie demo track up his sleeve,lol

IF that is real, what would Ves want in life for us to have it??
Code: [Select]

Slacker

Vesanic

Quote from: Slacker on Jul 31, 2014, 07:20 AM
so much drama

For real.

Facts are, skinnypuppy gave me this. I shared these when I promised I wouldn't. I absolutely don't remember as my memory is really fucking bad and I deleted my facebook history a few times, but it's likely, I believe him when he says that and thus, I fucked up, period. I should have asked him once more before doing it while just assuming it would be okay. No need to take sides or at least not mine, as he's right, and I'm wrong. I have my own beliefs when it comes to keeping rare stuff but they don't matter, if I promised I wouldn't share this, I just shouldn't have. I'm seeing all the positive vibes it brings to the community, the views, the new members here, the interest people are getting for WP again, so I can't honestly 100% regret my move, but still, I broke my word and that's not cool. More than a few people have shared rare shit with me, and whenever I was asked to keep it hidden, I did. It was a habit I was proud of.

General Pong Krell

Quote from: MrVesanique on Jul 31, 2014, 02:41 PM
Quote from: Slacker on Jul 31, 2014, 07:20 AM
so much drama

For real.

Facts are, skinnypuppy gave me this. I shared these when I promised I wouldn't. I absolutely don't remember as my memory is really fucking bad and I deleted my facebook history a few times, but it's likely, I believe him when he says that and thus, I fucked up, period. I should have asked him once more before doing it while just assuming it would be okay. No need to take sides or at least not mine, as he's right, and I'm wrong. I have my own beliefs when it comes to keeping rare stuff but they don't matter, if I promised I wouldn't share this, I just shouldn't have. I'm seeing all the positive vibes it brings to the community, the views, the new members here, the interest people are getting for WP again, so I can't honestly 100% regret my move, but still, I broke my word and that's not cool. More than a few people have shared rare shit with me, and whenever I was asked to keep it hidden, I did. It was a habit I was proud of.

The last thing he should've done was to make a big fucking scene out of it. He could've easily just send a PM to you and not humiliate himself like a 12-year old.