Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Swords

Started by mrpelon94, Jul 27, 2014, 07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpelon94

im Bored...Dumb Question...is 7 Words Swords? ;)

mrpelon94

really?....nobody is going to respond? ???

DeftonesNZ

On setlists the band puts Swords down for 7 words but some fans also refer to the second part of fireal as swords aswell after i think there was misprint on some sort of single or other release.

Dath

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jul 27, 2014, 11:27 AM
On setlists the band puts Swords down for 7 words but some fans also refer to the second part of fireal as swords aswell after i think there was misprint on some sort of single or other release.

I know for a lot of their encores they would play the first half of Fireal before playing 7 Words, so the setlists would always read Fireal/Swords. Would that be why some people think Swords is the name of the second half?

DeftonesNZ

Maybe but from memory it was something like that bad live cd that was released and the record company screwed up and put fireal/swords mistakenly on a release with fireal on it so people took it to mean the 2nd part of fireal was called Swords, when really it was probably just a misprint caused by confusion over the use of Swords for 7 words,I'm thinking maybe someone was selecting the songs to go on the record and put fireal/Swords meaning either fireal or 7 words and someone uninformed just thought they were the same song in fact i don't even think the band had anything to do with that release the record company basically did it without their knowledge I remember them saying in an interview they didn't even know about it until it was released, so as far as the band are concerned Swords is just 7 words.

mrpelon94

i have that CD thats where i got the name swords....so its actually 7 words