Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

deftones concert rituals ?(fans)

Started by Northcal, Jul 29, 2014, 02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky_Me

I'm not a troll, but I'm sorry if I came across that way. Just trying to be nice, you know. And my dressing ritual is for attention, yes, but I don't take myself so serious at gigs and neither should you. I'm here to have fun, not to be trolling anyone. The reason why I'm here, is the reason why we all are here: because I'm a Deftones fan and I want to talk to others who are into the same band. Fandom can be celebrated in many ways, guys, for each there's a suitable and comfortable way out there. Mine way seem a little flashy and eccentric, but that's just the way it feels good to me.

And if dressing my way makes me an attention whore in your eyes, then what's the point of convincing you I'm not? I'm not responsible for your opinions, only for the messages I post. I don't need to explain why I do the things I do, as long as I'm not bothering anyone and as long as I'm having fun, right? I'm only here to make friends, guys, not to troll anyone. And I think the necklace is funny indeed; I could wear it for the sake of self-mockery, haha, like, ironically.  ;) Some are happy being a grey mouse and some feel better being a peacock, that's just the way it is.
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

DeftonesNZ

No worries I think it's just alot of people here including me like this forum because even though it's pretty dead it focuses on the music itself rather than the facebook groups that seem to have more selfies and photos of kids than actual deftones discussion and when it is about deftones it tends to be the more superficial things like posting photos of Chino and calling him sexy not really talking about composition or production aspects,which also fine.

Lucky_Me

@DeftonesNZ: Thanks, I now understand what's going on. I'm not a regular on forums at all, so I've been a bit awkward around here, haha. But I do get your point. Each fan is different, but there are mainly two types: those who focus on the music and those who focus on the artists. Like you said, most of the people around here belong to the first group, but Im definitely one from the second. I'm not a troll, I just enjoy different aspects of fandom in a rather remarkable way, I suppose. But I'm used to people being judgemental, that just goes with making choices that don't fit the socially acceptable picture. C'est la vie.

I've made fandom into my lifestyle, because I want to become a fanbase manager. I can understand both types of fans, but what I want, is to improve and expand the experience by using modern inventions, like social media and technology. This would be great for type 2 fans, but I guess type 1 will always be there for the music and the music only. You just helped me with my research and responded in a very grown-up and polite way, which I very much appriciate.  :) A lot of haters just repeat a lot of stuff that's been said to me so many times, ugh... Haters gonna hate, but don't bore the 'troll'.  ;)
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.