Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Headup lyrics

Started by arsenalfc, Mar 31, 2011, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arsenalfc

Ok a search on this forum on the term 'headup lyrics' didn't yield me the desired result. A question I've been walking around with for too long now :

What are Chino's words on the 'chorus' of Headup? I mean just before the 'Soulfly' part.

The start of it sounds somewhat like 'this time we'....'parasite'....

Can someone help me out on this one?

tarkil

Actually, no one really knows, even though I think there's been many people who asked already (I'm sure you can find some old threads about it actually)...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Vesanic

I'm not sure, I think he even changed that part throughout the years... In 2001, he sounded like he was saying " Rehab, provoke, and take your parasite out ", as suggested by some people.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

The word "parasite" is definitely at the end of that phrase. As for the rest, I've been dying to know for years.

rock_n_frost

he says ''gotta gotta vada lady gaga..........hora hora errin saaaaaaaaa''
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

rock_n_frost

hey Nes, you should ask this question to them.....for not to have this topic again in 2012
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

sooniletugo

Saw this interpretation on YouTube and I think it could be a good shout. Can definitely hear the second line at least. Makes sense, screaming at God or the world for taking Dana from him.

"how can you live with that you fucking parasite? how am i supposed to live with this you fucking parasite? how can you live with this you fucking parasite? how can i live with that you fucking parasite?"

cvthedrv

fuck i did never pay atention on that before, it blew my fucking mind.

from_musings

a little OT, but i was a little chocked the other day when i noticed that the spotify version of Headup is longer than the one I have on CD . on my cd headup is 5:12 and the outro has a fade out... but on spotify - the version is 6:13 without the fade out and they jam on a minute longer with a "proper end". which version do you have on your cd's? 

Martin

Quote from: from_musings on Dec 11, 2014, 01:04 PM
a little OT, but i was a little chocked the other day when i noticed that the spotify version of Headup is longer than the one I have on CD . on my cd headup is 5:12 and the outro has a fade out... but on spotify - the version is 6:13 without the fade out and they jam on a minute longer with a "proper end". which version do you have on your cd's? 

Holy sh...never noticed that! Thanks for the...wait for it....heads up :)

from_musings

hehe ;) it feels good to not be the only one with a poor man's around the fur

Vesanic

That version was on that uncut ATF that popped up some time ago, but it's weird that it is on Spotify.

Knucklestones

Quote from: MrVesanique on Dec 12, 2014, 10:01 AM
That version was on that uncut ATF that popped up some time ago, but it's weird that it is on Spotify.
The song is also edited. *shit* is cut out on the Spotify version. Now I'm just hoping we can get to hear the uncut version of BQAD.