Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones new album

Started by tarkil, Feb 11, 2015, 11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

Shit man, that's some pretty good detective job !

Rick Rubin ? Terry Date ?
Oh my, this is all exciting !!!!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

DeftonesNZ

Was pretty tricky there are so many of those neve consoles that look the same, I found a site made by a university where you could enter a phrase and it would show instagram photos that had been tagged with that phrase and where they were taken but you couldn't actually scroll through them it was like a random slideshow that changed everytime so I went through and found a photo from the studio with the most unique tag and managed to get it to show up and the site told me it was taken in a certain area of L.A, so I searched for studios in that area with neve consoles and just looked for that room, was pretty cool to see Terry Date on that list I hope it means he's producing for them again, I mean what are the chances of that being a coincidence.

N0S3BLEED976

Hopefully not Rick Rubin. Not a big fan of his more recently produced albums

Vesanic

Never liked Rick Rubin's work that much. I know he's a legend to many, and he sure has tremendous history but I think he's overrated.

beansandcornbread

Agree on Rick Rubin.  I would be very disappointed  with that choice.

defsteve

I would say it's not Rick Rubin.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

N0S3BLEED976

luisch

Terry Date

www.DEFTONES.CL | @luisch | @deftoneslatino
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: luisch on Feb 26, 2015, 12:27 AM
Terry Date

Wait, what? You mean Terry Date took those pics?

luisch

No, I mean,  Terry date

www.DEFTONES.CL | @luisch | @deftoneslatino
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: MrVesanique on Feb 25, 2015, 03:47 PM
Never liked Rick Rubin's work that much. I know he's a legend to many, and he sure has tremendous history but I think he's overrated.
Hey you might want to change your FB post you've got alot of facts wrong, I explained it all in my first post basically geotagging of an instagram photo told me the studio was based around magnolia blvd in hollywood not seattle and then by searching for neve consoles in the area I found megawatt studios and matched the console in the deftones pictures to the ones in one of their recording rooms,while on their website I noticed Terry Date was listed as a client, the picture you posted of terry is from the same studio but from a different room than the deftones photos show, the deftones console is half the size with other subtle visual things (knob colours and dial arrangment) easy mistake though fuck those things look the same lol

Vesanic

If you're Gabe Palmer, then I answered you. If not, well I corrected my post and Deftones are currently in Seattle, so...

DeftonesNZ

Vesanic

Got optimistic, I guess.  :(

Teknoman

I know we all want Terry Date to be the producer on the new record and so far all fingers point at him but the studios pics are kind of confusing and tell a different story.

Accordingly to the video posted below Terry Date uses an open kickdrum when recording drumkits plus he uses shure SM57 for the snare but we dont see any of that on those in-studio pics.

Mr. Vesanique said on FB this console

and the one on this picture of Terry Date's studio are the same but they are different (he already correctec this I think)

In other words... we dont have a fucking clue about who is the producer  :(

Terry Date's Studio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqhBevWSeyY

I make music too

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: MrVesanique on Feb 26, 2015, 01:31 AM
Got optimistic, I guess.  :(
I wouldn't rule it out we know Terry uses that studio, those photos you posted of Terry are from the same place just another room and he's listed on their site so we know Terry Date uses that place and my research shows Deftones do aswell, Plus I think that's like Terrys base alot of the photos and videos I've seen of him have been there, I think it's a really good sign, there's a pretty low chance of that being unrelated even if it even Terry the producer is probably a person listed on that page , Anyone with more knowledge think theirs any possible alternatives listed?, I know Rick Rubin but I don't think he would do it.

DeftonesNZ

Just looked at those new photos and did some research on the mic that's on that snare and it's a blue hummingbird, which is a condenser microphone, and apparently Terry Date gets his snappy snare sound through condensing so that could be a another clue, I'm not a drummer though I don't know how common that is.

N0S3BLEED976

I wonder why every website so far is claiming that we'll get the album "hopefully" by the end of the year. I'm sure that they'll finish recording by no later than the end of march. Then we're going to hear a new song or two around May when they're headlining festivals. During that time mixing is being done. So in my book, we can definitely expect the album to drop in late summer to early autumn, but not in like november or december or even next year.