Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones new album

Started by tarkil, Feb 11, 2015, 11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on May 12, 2015, 08:02 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on May 12, 2015, 07:46 PM
I mean, listen to Hexagram and then listen to Leathers.

I'd already be satisfied with a track as heavy as Leathers, I have to admit. But I doubt even that's going to happen

I love Leathers, but I mean vocally, it's not quite as heavy, intense, as songs like Hexagram or Rats or something like that, you know? I'm not expecting a heavy album by any means, particularly vocally, but I still think there will be aspects of it. Whether it's enough for people's personal preferences, probably not, but we'll see.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 12, 2015, 10:18 PM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on May 12, 2015, 08:02 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on May 12, 2015, 07:46 PM
I mean, listen to Hexagram and then listen to Leathers.

I'd already be satisfied with a track as heavy as Leathers, I have to admit. But I doubt even that's going to happen

I love Leathers, but I mean vocally, it's not quite as heavy, intense, as songs like Hexagram or Rats or something like that, you know? I'm not expecting a heavy album by any means, particularly vocally, but I still think there will be aspects of it. Whether it's enough for people's personal preferences, probably not, but we'll see.

What I tried to say was that I'd already be happy if there was a song on the record that reaches the intensity of Leathers. I know it's less abrasive than say Hexagram or Rats, but it's heavy enough for me.

Gnosticality

In their most recent performances, I've noticed a bit more "darkness" and "abrasiveness" in ALL of their musical-expression. Chino's screams seem to have enhanced. Steph has been moving around & getting more "into it," I've seen. Sergio's always hyped, haha. Abe always bangs those drums hard. But, most importantly, Steph and Chino seem to be in a zone that reminds me of the "Self-Titled" Era...and I see how it rubs off on Abe and Sergio. I think we're in for something kind of dark and trashy, but still atmospheric; similar to White Pony, but much more screwy, weird, and interesting.

Just my thoughts!

Shadow46/2

Quote from: NotebookLives. on May 13, 2015, 06:31 AM
In their most recent performances, I've noticed a bit more "darkness" and "abrasiveness" in ALL of their musical-expression. Chino's screams seem to have enhanced. Steph has been moving around & getting more "into it," I've seen. Sergio's always hyped, haha. Abe always bangs those drums hard. But, most importantly, Steph and Chino seem to be in a zone that reminds me of the "Self-Titled" Era...and I see how it rubs off on Abe and Sergio. I think we're in for something kind of dark and trashy, but still atmospheric; similar to White Pony, but much more screwy, weird, and interesting.

Just my thoughts!

here's hopin

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

endstand

The image in the background could be a nice album cover.
hello memory lover, you are mine

N0S3BLEED976

sharinglungs

holy hell that sounds goooooooood

Diplo

Really weird to hear a deftones song with a solo.

N0S3BLEED976

Really weird, yes. But sounds pretty epic.
It's unmistakably Deftones, though. Only Abe hits the tubs like that

Crazylegs

pinch harmonics can suck my dick

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 20, 2015, 01:08 PM
pinch harmonics can suck my dick
Yup I hate squealies

N0S3BLEED976

I usually hate them, too. They're not too over the top on this one, though. We'll see...

DeftonesNZ

Just reminds of cheesy bands like Guns and Roses where some tosser stands in a windy place with no shirt on.

nineteen

I know it's just a sound grab but if it's them, the drums are sounding more punchy. Finally.

nicklav

Yeah, that snare is coming through nice. Hard to judge how this will sound by just a few seconds of a song, but that doesn't keep me from being excited!

N0S3BLEED976

I can already picture Chino trying to pull that solo off himself, when (if) they play it live  ;D

luisch

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on May 20, 2015, 04:14 PM
I can already picture Chino trying to pull that solo off himself, when (if) they play it live  ;D

hahaha, that will be hilarious. SO excited.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

E-Money

I think it sounds pretty cool. It's definitely Abe, u can totally tell. Hopefully we hear some more soon.