Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones new album

Started by tarkil, Feb 11, 2015, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpelon94

i neeeeeeeed some new Deftones!!!!!!! :o

Northcal

Hopefully the band is depress ;D & angry :-X we will get the record we been waiting for since the S/T era!

Northcal

Quote from: Northcal on Mar 04, 2015, 05:57 AM
Hopefully the band is depressed and angry  :-X will get the record we been waiting for since the S/T era!

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Northcal on Mar 04, 2015, 05:59 AM
Hopefully the band is depressed and angry  :-X will get the record we been waiting for since the S/T era!

never

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

mono

Shadow46/2

Is that a 6 string bass? :D

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Diplo

We're gonna have one hundred pictures of the instruments and no videos. I hate this.

deftoner664

I wonder what tuning Stephen will tune to on this album? He has a trend that gets progressively lower every album. Koi No Yokan was in Drop E (E,B,E,A,D,G,B,E).. His next choice of  tuning would be what Meshugga tune their 8 strings to F, B♭, E♭, A♭, D♭,G♭, B♭, E♭.  Unless Stephen gets a 9 string for this album lol.

Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

DeftonesNZ

I think someone asked him that already and he said he was done with the dropping and wouldn't go lower now, think he's trying to work on his technique now instead of just changing tuning to sound different,I remember he was talking about how the level of skill on guitar has risen and how people on YouTube have inspired him to get better, I know Ben from DEP sort of does the same thing, he was a good guitarist to began with but he says having the same tuning forced him to get more creative because it becomes obvious if your repeating yourself, maybe Stef is trying a similar thing which is cool, I would even like to see Stef go back up a bit especially if Sergio going to be playing a 6 string bass to get more seperation, I could see it becoming a muddy mess if they're both going to be operating in the same tonal centres.

nicklav

I always thought a 7-string was the sweet spot for Stef. Though I wouldn't mind the bite that White Pony had.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Shadow46/2

I wonder how soon until the first track release. I'm getting antsy, visiting this bored and the r/deftones wayyy too much.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Mar 05, 2015, 11:06 PM
I wonder how soon until the first track release. I'm getting antsy, visiting this bored and the r/deftones wayyy too much.

Me too. It's probably going to be a long time until the first "street track" like previously Rocket Skates or Leathers is going to be released. Maybe around a month or two before the official album release. For now we're stuck with studio and gear pictures. Although we'll definitely hear a new song live in May. Let's hope someone records it

N0S3BLEED976

If only Deftones would release some short videos from their recording sessions. Every other band does this nowadays on instagram, except for them  ;D

DeftonesNZ

Yeah that's pretty lame they used to be pretty good with the S/T and Eros session clips but their social media from the studio is pretty bad now which sucks considering a phone could be used to make those videos now.

Freedomsoldier17

they probably want to keep everything up to 100% speculation  :(

Inkblades

Is Sergio wearing a bootleg hat with a horribly disfigured New York Yankees logo or is a logo of some hip new clothing brand? As a native New Yorker, it's throwing me the FUCK off.

cvthedrv

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 06, 2015, 03:58 AM
Is Sergio wearing a bootleg hat with a horribly disfigured New York Yankees logo or is a logo of some hip new clothing brand? As a native New Yorker, it's throwing me the FUCK off.

palmface level god

FNatt

What is the so-called "shopping cart song" ???