Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

If you could choose a vocalist to appear on a Deftones track,who would you pick

Started by ZND84, Mar 08, 2015, 07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZND84

I would pick Paul Banks from Interpol. His lyrics are brilliant and he sings in that strong monotone voice.

DeftonesNZ

Robert Smith would be cool, would say Maynard but that already happened

Capt Snow

Greg Puciato from Dillinger Escape Plan would be cool, would probably be the most likely collaboration to happen.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Capt Snow on Mar 08, 2015, 01:21 PM
Greg Puciato from Dillinger Escape Plan would be cool, would probably be the most likely collaboration to happen.
Yeah that came to my mind aswell but it's happened live a couple of times and Chino makes Greg sound a bit shit, think it's something to do with the different tones, Chino's quite high and soft so it makes Greg sound likes he flat by comparison.

Vesanic

Daryl Palumbo. I'll never understand how it hasn't happened. Team Sleep even had Justin Beck as a guitar tech in 2001.

N0S3BLEED976

Chelsea Wolfe. Unlikely, but seeing how they both come from Sacramento it may be a possibility someday. Just the thought of it gives me chills

Freedomsoldier17

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Mar 08, 2015, 05:08 PM
chester bennington

grady avenell

nick hexum

Would be pretty awful, imo. Chester Bennington and Nick Hexum don't fit Deftones at all. Completely different vibes. I can live with it if they come up and perform 7 Words with Chino live someday, but collaborating on a new song? Hell no!

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Crazylegs

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 08, 2015, 02:39 PM
Chelsea Wolfe. Unlikely, but seeing how they both come from Sacramento it may be a possibility someday. Just the thought of it gives me chills

I agree, man. That could be pretty interesting.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 08, 2015, 05:51 PM
Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Mar 08, 2015, 05:08 PM
chester bennington

grady avenell

nick hexum

Would be pretty awful, imo. Chester Bennington and Nick Hexum don't fit Deftones at all. Completely different vibes. I can live with it if they come up and perform 7 Words with Chino live someday, but collaborating on a new song? Hell no!

hexum would fit into a really chilled out song imo(since he's a reggae vocalist), bennington maybe something more experimental and spacey.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Mar 08, 2015, 06:54 PM
hexum would fit into a really chilled out song imo(since he's a reggae vocalist), bennington maybe something more experimental and spacey.

Maybe. Could turn out good either way. Though I think they should stay away from artists they put so much effort into to setting themselves apart from. Their nu-metal days are over so I think any collaboration with one of the big 90's nu-metal/post-grunge/whatever vocalists would be counter productive and boring. There are just so many other vocalists with a completely different musical standpoint that would make for a much more interesting collaboration.

Diplo

kly617

Already stated prior in the thread but Robert Smith and Chelsea Wolfe would be great choices.

I'll say Bilinda Butcher because why the hell not? Plus, Chino is a fan of My Bloody Valentine.

82IR@Q

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 08, 2015, 02:39 PM

Best call of this thread so far...
I could picture a really delicate song that has a crazy build up until the end with both of them just doing what they do best at the end.

Something like Russian Circles - Memorial (feat. Chelsea Wolfe)
but way heavier

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

deftoner664

I'm all for Robert Smith, but one that hasn't been mention yet is Morgan Kibby from M83(&White Sea).
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present