Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

A Deftones fan from Russia

Started by astynk, May 05, 2015, 07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astynk

Hello everybody, my name is Roman and I've been a fan of Deftones for 4 or 5 years by now.

I got acquainted with Deftones accidentally. Back then, I used to listen to Static-X and one day I happened on a track named "Static-X - Change" (somebody had just confused the band name). The voice on that record apparently wasn't that of Wayne Static, but I liked it at once. Eventually I found the real author of the song, and started listening to Deftones more and more. Such tracks as Risk, This Place Is Death, Kimdracula and some others made me fall for Deftones once and for all - and these are still my favorite songs.

What always confused me is Deftones' lyrics. Sometimes I can't understand if the lyrics just doesn't make sense or my English is not good enough to grasp it. Here I will ask my questions about their lyrics if you don't mind. My first question, what does "sharing lungs" mean?

astynk

And another question,  "Fireal" has the line

"...it comes from the first one I, while I watch you..."

What does "the first one I" mean? The "one I" part seems just ungrammatical to me.

Thanks in advance.

DeftonesNZ

It's pretty abstract but I think the sharinglungs lyrics from Crenshaw are talking about abusive relationships, it's like the idea of two people weakening each other being put into a physical thing like being with her has made him feel weak. The fireal one doesn't actually make sense grammatically but that style of writing can be used in some contexts, it's kind of like someone stopping themselves mid sentence because they don't want to repeat something or openly admit it, it's usually used when someone's done something bad so it could be he was going to say something like "it's come from the first one I hurt/killed" but stopped himself because he didn't won't to face what he'd done.

digital bath

Reasytor

I like this site very much. I did not make that kind of thing. Now it's all learned.

Javanai

I think there's been a lot of good stuff for your info.