Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@thewanderer

Started by 82IR@Q, May 09, 2015, 07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

Quote from: blixa on Jun 06, 2015, 03:46 AM
so far this whole thread is the two of you . can each of you please introduce yourself to me?
I have to be honest...you are the last member I thought would post here. You are aware that your friends here don't like me right? 82ir@q is the only person to reach out to me and he started this so we could share random whatever for shits and giggles, although anyone is welcome. I've been waiting for the trolls to show up, and I don't know what's stopping them. I'm a simple guy, I really don't know where to start. What would you like to know? Could you start by introducing yourself? Where are you from? What do you do for a living? And just how fucking awesome are the Deftones?
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

blixa

don't worry. no one liked me for a long time around here. my name is mariam and i'm from sydney. i'm a scorpio. i work at an art gallery. umm, can't think of much else. i've sort of lost track of the deftones to be honest. i haven't listened to them in a while. i like country and folk music and i've recently started listening to a bit of punk but just mates bands and stuff.

thewanderer

No one liked you....until you posted pictures right? I find it strange that people who aren't into the Deftones anymore still come here. I mean no offense but could you explain what it is about this board that brings you back? Is it only for the friends you've made here? I'm just curious. I've always wanted to go to Australia. I have a huge interest in animals and I want to see the great barrier reef. Have you had the opportunity to dive there? There are also a shit ton of snakes and frogs down there which are my favorites so that's probably the part where I start grossing you out. I am an aries and currently a machinist although I am quitting to return to my old job as a poly wrapper operator. You know those bags you get magazines in with the your address printed on? I'll be doing that. Not the most glamorous of jobs but it pays well. As far as music goes I kind of find a way to like everything even if it annoys me. And especially if it annoys other people. Somehow it becomes novelty to me. Country and pop music fall into this category but it irritates me that most of the artists don't write their own songs. Anyone with "the voice" and "the look"can buy a hit and be successful. But a good hook is a good hook so I can't help but like some of it. Where I grew up everyone liked punk music and Metallica so for that reason I've always felt like I didn't need to. Some punk is alright but most of it just seems like an uncreative use of noise. I am eternally grateful Nirvana transcended it. So what country and folk do you like? It's funny I actually have tickets to Country U.S.A and I am going to see Kieth Urban with my mom at Summerfest. I was just bored and figured it would give us a reason to bond because we don't see each other much. Kinda bummed I don't get to see Erik Church at Country U.S.A though. He was the only one I actually wanted to see there but it's the same night as Kieth. She is fucking obsessed with Kieth. I though she was going to flip out when I was playing this Kieth Urban acoustic guitar she won. I was surprised by the quality of it, it has electric pickups and came with an amp. It gives me something to do while I'm at her house. Ok, I'll shut up now... hope you didn't fall asleep reading that.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

blixa

no one liked me till they got to know me a little more. i posted pictures of my leg hair with mascara on so its not like they like me because i'm hot. i've been on this board 11-12 years. it's not that i don't like deftones. i just listen to other music. by country i mean will oldham, dolly parton, townes van zandt etc. deftones were a big part of my teen years. i mostly come here for the people.

make sure you see the barrier reef before it goes deeper to shit. machinists intrigue me.

thewanderer

Well I would state some obvious facts, but I'll spare you. I've been here a long time too but it's only recently that anyone has really talked to me. I come here just to keep up on what's going on with the 'tones otherwise. I can honestly say I like everything they do and like the direction they are going. It's not a lie I tell myself. I agree with some that wish they would do things a little bit differently but I don't place expectations on them. That's a recipe for disappointment. Older country is alright but I tend to like the bluegrass type stuff. I just like when a band plays hot. One of my favorite recent albums is Puscifer's 8 Ball bail bonds. The version of vagina mine on there is on fire. Drunk with power is another good one. I like some hot steel guitar and Junior Brown is one of my favorites. This Surf Medley is killer...
http://youtu.be/497ZmAsGAT4
Anyways, machining is kind of a sore topic for me. I was hired by the ceo of the shop, that I have known since I was a teen and always looked up to. I grew up good friends with his stepson. He offered me the job and offered me a high wage and made promises of getting training to setup and program. I figured he was making an investment in me and I didn't want to let him down so I dove in and worked my ass off and proved myself more than capable. But then he hired a friend of his to be plant manager and he squashed any hope of that ever happening. It turns out I was told the same lies they tell everyone to get them in the door. My co worker who is the top machinist offered to train me and someone else programming off the clock and was shot down by the plant manager. This guy has the "everyone is replaceable" attitude and does not understand that good employees are the foundation of a successful business. They have already lost important people that they have yet to replace. Everyone on my shift is looking for a new job so I'm getting out while the getting is good. They are in for a world of hurt. It's a shame, I've lost the respect I once had for the owner, and he doesn't even seem to care. I'm an o.c.d. perfectionist and would have made one hell of a machinist. It's such a waste. But in the end it's alright, I'm hard working and tough as fuck so I will survive. I'll tell you one thing though, machinists are some hard headed, ignorant, and arrogant motherfuckers. I'm surprised I haven't bitten my tongue off.

blixa

that's fucked. i hope you get out of there as quick as you can. but you learned a lot on the job so take that as a positive. i've seen the machinist so that's like my only point of reference towards that job haha mmmm christian bale.

where in america do you live?

thewanderer

You know, I downloaded that movie but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. All I know is that he was responsible for someone getting hurt or something and had guilt issues. And yeah I learned alot I just wish it would have been enough to make going to another shop worth it. It's also a bit hazardous with grinding metal and I've been concerned about breathing it or getting it in my eyes. My lungs are fucked enough with years of smoking I don't need metal dust in them too. Some of the chemicals we use are also pretty nasty. Otherwise it was kinda fun. It is what it is, I have no control over the situation, but neither do they but they won't realize it until it's too late. Or probably never. They will just play the blame game that I have become accustomed to. I strongly believe pride is man's greatest weakness, so I don't mind going back to my old job. Fuck em'. My last day is the 11th so I'm out. Anyhow enough whining about that shit. I live in Wisconsin between Lake Michigan and Lake Winnebago. I'm not a big city guy. It's quiet here and I love it.

Penicks

thewanderer

Penicks

blixa

Quote from: thewanderer on Jun 08, 2015, 03:21 AM
You know, I downloaded that movie but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. All I know is that he was responsible for someone getting hurt or something and had guilt issues. And yeah I learned alot I just wish it would have been enough to make going to another shop worth it. It's also a bit hazardous with grinding metal and I've been concerned about breathing it or getting it in my eyes. My lungs are fucked enough with years of smoking I don't need metal dust in them too. Some of the chemicals we use are also pretty nasty. Otherwise it was kinda fun. It is what it is, I have no control over the situation, but neither do they but they won't realize it until it's too late. Or probably never. They will just play the blame game that I have become accustomed to. I strongly believe pride is man's greatest weakness, so I don't mind going back to my old job. Fuck em'. My last day is the 11th so I'm out. Anyhow enough whining about that shit. I live in Wisconsin between Lake Michigan and Lake Winnebago. I'm not a big city guy. It's quiet here and I love it.

you should watch it. it's a good movie. i wasn't a fan of bale until that film. you don't smoke anymore?

thewanderer

Now that you mentioned it I'm planning to watch it as soon as I get a chance. And no I'm still a slave to cancer sticks.

blixa

same! i smoke too. i custom make my packets too.

thewanderer

Lol. I quit for 3-4 years but I still smoked pot. I quit that awhile back but the guy I've been working with smokes cigarettes constantly so I broke down. When I go back to the old job I won't have as much freedom to smoke so I will probably quit again.

So what are your favorite eats/drinks? Are you vegetarian, pescaterian, or carnivore? I'm mainly carniverous and I have a sushi addiction. There is a place in Appleton that makes the best tuna tartar I've had. I don't eat my fruits and veggies like I should but I like brussel sprouts and I love raspberries and peaches. As far as drinks go I like Becks beer, or Heineken in a pinch. I make white russians with absolute vanilia which are awesome. I also like some captain with rootbeer. Sometimes I do the cheap wine thing and get the mondo jug of Carlos Rossi sangria or sweet red.

blixa

i quit for 3 years and started smoking when i went to art school. how old are you? you sound very late 20s and white male.

i like japanese beer and flat whites. i'm vegan. i don't like sweets except when i'm on my period and i like a good dark hot chocolate because it has that slight bitterness i like. i like all foods generally. whatever i find ethically right to eat i will consume.

thewanderer

I'm 34, white, but I still look like I'm 16. I get carded all the time and I'll probably never look my age.  I'm guessing you are mid 20's?

I totally forgot to mention Sapporo! It has to go hand in hand with my sushi.

I made time to watch the machinist and holy fuck did Bale look like hell. It was quite the schizophrenic guilt complex mind fuck. Kinda reminded me of vanilla sky in that way. I just watched dallas buyers club last weekend and McConaughey looked like a stick man in that. He actually did a damn good job. I would say the same for jared leto but all he really had to do was show up and be himself ;D.

Those were some antique lathes and mills they operated in the machinist though. I wouldn't run that shit I like my limbs and fingers too much. I was thinking about posting a vid of the same machine I operate in action but I couldn't find a decent video that really does it justice. Or maybe it's just more boring than I want to admit. I guess the shop I work at actually made parts that are on the mars rover. When I started there I thought that was pretty cool.

blixa

late 20s, middle eastern descent. i also get carded, but i've worked as a bartender and in bottle stores for a long time so i'm not going to complain. it's hard to tell when someone is 18 though because all 18 year olds look heaps old nowadays.

did you know he wanted to lose more weight but the director wouldn't let him. i really liked the darkness of the film. really good. i never used to like mcconaughey till true detective to be honest. they should have cast an actual transgender actress instead of jared leto.

thewanderer

I've always liked McConaughey. He comes off as an arrogant dumbass to some but I never got that vibe. To me he seems confident and mellow, and a bit goofy. He reminds me of Woody Harrelson in a way. Those are two guys I'd like to fish and drink beer with. I feel the opposite about Brad Pit, Edward Norton, and Mark Wahlburg although I do like their acting. How Mark went from Marky Mark to the respected actor he is now displayed social gymnastics I will never comprehend.

And I think they should have cast Tim Curry. Everybody do the Time Warp!

82IR@Q

All smokers. Midnight tokers.

thewanderer

Yeah I would defiantly smoke with them. You probably haven't seen dallas buyers club, but if you do try to imagine it with Dr. Frankenfurter instead of Leto ;D.