Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

REQ: Digital bath's franks intro sample from a live version

Started by def-arg2, May 26, 2015, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

def-arg2

Hey guy, I guess I'm gonna need your help; In september we have a really cool show planned with our band and have the intention of playing digital bath live. what I'm asking you is if you need a live performance from the song that has frank's sample as audience noise-free and lenghty as possible, to sample & use in our performance. thank you in advance, hope somebody reminds me.

Lucky_Me

Sweetheart, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but is it legal to do a cover with your band without their permission? (I just assume that you couldn't have asked them. Otherwise, please give me that address, so I can make sure my Christmas card will arrive next time. ;D) I'm sorry I don't have the sample and I'm not familiar with the Argentinan music rights system at all, but in The Netherlands, I know this would be tricky business.
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

illthrowROCKS@U

Usually, you can cover a song live without issues. You'll only run into trouble if you plan on recording and selling a cover.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Teknoman

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on May 27, 2015, 04:30 AM
Usually, you can cover a song live without issues. You'll only run into trouble if you plan on recording and selling a cover.
THIS^ and as far as I know you can even record a cover song but as long as you dont sell said recording and you give credits to the original songwriter you shouldnt have any legal problems.

I make music too

DeftonesNZ

Don't think he asking about the legality seems like he's just after a good recording of what Frank plays live

Lucky_Me

I'm sorry, I must've been a bit under the weather yesterday. Then school and leisure will mix. My bad.
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.