Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

A deftones Tribute song I made a while back

Started by def-arg2, May 26, 2015, 07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

def-arg2

It's been a while since I've written something here, and that's because I lost my password long ago and couldn't login anymore, so Hi to whoever remebers me.

I wanted to share with you a track I did as an Homage to the band that changed my perception of music half a life ago. It has a very very ATFish sound to it (specifically to Lhabia and maybe rickets), and luckily the vibe and the recording came out really cool in my opinion. Hope you dig it, and if not, that's fine.

https://nico-fonticelli.bandcamp.com/track/backflip

Lucky_Me

Sounds pretty good to me... decent music at least. There's a market for metal out there, so go for it! I like the vibe in it, it kind of reminds me of Sepultura. What are you planning to do with it? Do you want a career in music business? My Brazilian friend said there's a market for metal in South America, too. Good luck anyway. :)

You can send me a PM, if you like. I've told this to multiple members already, but I'm a communication college major who specializes in music/live entertainment, so I'll always be glad to help out young bands and learn from them. My subspecialization is fandom, by the way. I'm only a sophomore, but maybe we could help each other out? I don't mean to throw my career around like big tits in a low-cut blouse, but I'm just intrigued, haha. ;)
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

def-arg2

Quote from: Lucky_Me on May 26, 2015, 07:52 PM
Sounds pretty good to me... decent music at least. There's a market for metal out there, so go for it! I like the vibe in it, it kind of reminds me of Sepultura. What are you planning to do with it? Do you want a career in music business? My Brazilian friend said there's a market for metal in South America, too. Good luck anyway. :)

You can send me a PM, if you like. I've told this to multiple members already, but I'm a communication college major who specializes in music/live entertainment, so I'll always be glad to help out young bands and learn from them. My subspecialization is fandom, by the way. I'm only a sophomore, but maybe we could help each other out? I don't mean to throw my career around like big tits in a low-cut blouse, but I'm just intrigued, haha. ;)

Thanks for the words and the intention to help man! if you wish to hear more, you have another 20 songs at https://nico-fonticelli.bandcamp.com/album/siberia

And you have a really deftones-y song from a band I had a few years ago here: https://nico-fonticelli.bandcamp.com/track/721-inviernos-entre-mas-intento-dormir-mas-despierto-estoy

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't understand what's your job, but I'm really curious man. Can you explain it a little more?

Lucky_Me

Thanks for the interest and the links. I'll go check them out ASAP.

I'm a college student and I study communication. My academy offers certain industry specializations, out of which I have chosen Music (talent scouting) and Live Entertainment (programming venues). For my thesis, I'm going to write about communication among fans and artists, hence my subspecialization. It's like my professional pet topic. I will take a minor (that's like a semester of doing another education) in statistics and English. Basically, I'm training to become a professional in music business who can pick out and program acts, but who can also do very difficult research with numbers. ;) Does this make more sense to you? It's quite an odd combination, though. Alpha and beta usually don't mix, but I'm fine doing both. :)

After college, I want to take up an education in university, probably culture/media studies or something. It's really a women's world out there, but I suppose with statistics, there'll be more guys doing beta-related studies. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up yet, but I'm interested in becoming a researcher, fan base manager and teacher. I think these three jobs could combine perfectly, though. Do you want to be a famous musician yourself, like Deftones? There is a huge demand for your style, I assume, so I'll have a listen and I'll come back at it quickly. Speak soon!

Lucky_Me

Okay, dude: Depeche Mode and the Cure. You win. 8)

Knucklestones

I'm really loving all your material that I've listened to so far. It's great! I'm hearing a bit of a Glassjaw influence on some tracks.

Lucky_Me

Indeed. The combination of Latin metal and dark wave could work out fine. I'm definitely interested.

You know, as a student in music business, I believe in this -to me- sacred rule: 'If you can get seven masked idiots on stage, practically destroying their instruments and crying out primal screams and have them to make big money... nothing's impossible.' ;) All you need is a solid image, a loyal fan base and perhaps a stroke of luck. Go for it. I'd like to hear some more decent music out there. Remember that not only babies start out as an orgasm, but so should any fandom. Love your fans like they love you. :-*

Edit: I just corrected a small grammatical/stylistic error.

Teknoman

Quote from: def-arg2 on May 26, 2015, 07:41 PM
It's been a while since I've written something here, and that's because I lost my password long ago and couldn't login anymore, so Hi to whoever remebers me.

I wanted to share with you a track I did as an Homage to the band that changed my perception of music half a life ago. It has a very very ATFish sound to it (specifically to Lhabia and maybe rickets), and luckily the vibe and the recording came out really cool in my opinion. Hope you dig it, and if not, that's fine.

https://nico-fonticelli.bandcamp.com/track/backflip

Sounds great man!... I did the same thing back in 2012 and I dusted off some of those home recordings today right after reading your post and they sound a little bit too much like some of my favorite S/T songs (and by 'a bit too much' I mean they are rip-offs, hahaha)

I make music too

def-arg2

thanks to everybody who checked the song, glad some of you empathized with it.

asshole

I will have to check yjis out. My favorite. Is la verdad te ofende...
I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

def-arg2

Such an old song, Cesar! I'd strongly suggest you check Mejor nunca que tarde

def-arg2

Yo, my band just put up a videoclip (remember those things?) feel free to check out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJfvZYQywx0

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: def-arg2 on Dec 04, 2015, 06:33 PM
Yo, my band just put up a videoclip (remember those things?) feel free to check out

that was freakin awesome

E-Money

Quote from: def-arg2 on Dec 04, 2015, 06:33 PM

Sounds Great Nico! Killer screams man. Wish I knew what you were saying! :) video is cool too.

def-arg2

Thanks for the bottom of my heart for checking it out, guys! this was such a incredible experience.

defTHE1s

GlassJaw-ish and sounds good bro, felicidades! (Hablo del video)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

def-arg2

Quote from: defTHE1s on Jan 21, 2016, 12:20 AM

wow, thanks for noticing and enjoying Theis! A huge GJ fan, right here.

defTHE1s

Quote from: def-arg2 on Jan 23, 2016, 09:57 PM
Quote from: defTHE1s on Jan 21, 2016, 12:20 AM

wow, thanks for noticing and enjoying The1s! A huge GJ fan, right here.
fixed hermano ;)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...