Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stu_101

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N0S3BLEED976

DRockDot

Quote from: stu_101 on Oct 14, 2015, 08:14 PM

Well that sucks... That said, I'm not surprised... I bet it will drop during the winter for sure though.
I am a simple man, with simple tastes... And all I want is a pair of rocket boots.

sharinglungs

I'm not believing anything unless it comes from the band itself. PR teams wouldn't really have anything to do with the album releasing. If it was Warner's UK branch, i'd be more inclined to believe it.

Shadow46/2

Getting a serious vintage deftones feel

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

stu_101

Quote from: sharinglungs on Oct 15, 2015, 01:37 AM
I'm not believing anything unless it comes from the band itself. PR teams wouldn't really have anything to do with the album releasing. If it was Warner's UK branch, i'd be more inclined to believe it.
I must add that Emma van Duyts is also close family of the Moreno's and regularly stays at their home on Oregon and visa versa. I believe this information to be reliable and legit.

ANattyRat

This sucks, they won't be playing any new songs on these shows. Once the album drops, they can do a tour around the US playing new songs like they do, but how long will it be before they come back to the UK/Europe and play the new material? Probably quite a long time. Not cool :\

N0S3BLEED976

https://instagram.com/p/9AGM2APWG2/

One of those mysterious instagram clips by Chuck again. Could be Deftones. But even if it's not, I really need to know what it is, cause it's freaking awesome

Edit: Really not sure if it's Deftones. It sounds heavy, but I can't make out Stephen's 8 string, just a bass guitar. Also the drums sound a little too hectic and busy for Abe. On the other hand Chino described the sound of the album with "lots of keyboards and spacey, low frequencies", which definitely applies here.

E-Money

That's new team sleep for sure. At least I think it is..

N0S3BLEED976

DeftonesNZ

Pretty cool news if legit, I think the fact the music is mostly done aside from some post stuff is a great sign because it puts it more in the record companies hands and it's unlike record companies to sit on things for too long, aside from factors like a release conflicting with a competing artists album release record companies seem to be eager to get things out and start getting money in once the musics finished, it's not as if a band like Deftones requires a huge publicity drive either the record company will know they will get not huge but respectable numbers with just typical press runs and some targeted advertising.

Vesanic

Maybe they don't know yet that it got postponed again lol

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: MrVesanique on Oct 19, 2015, 07:44 AM
Maybe they don't know yet that it got postponed again lol
haha yeah Warners probably getting some revenge for S/T and SNW

stu_101

Wtf is going on with this god damn release?!?

sharinglungs

stu_101

Quote from: sharinglungs on Oct 23, 2015, 06:06 PM
First quarter of 2016
:( Can I ask how you know this - What's happening? It's so strange there's been no update. I imagine the record company needs a good 3 month marketing period so perhaps a Feb release?

Vesanic

Fans : So you got this new album coming out soon?

Deftones : Yeah

Fans : So what's it called

Deftones : dunno lol

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: stu_101 on Oct 23, 2015, 07:42 PM

First quarter of 2016
:( Can I ask how you know this - What's happening? It's so strange there's been no update. I imagine the record company needs a good 3 month marketing period so perhaps a Feb release?

Interview that was released with Abe that can be seen in the picures/interviews thread

sharinglungs

Quote from: stu_101 on Oct 23, 2015, 07:42 PM

First quarter of 2016

There's been some misleading information in the press about the new album and its release date. What's the status?

To be completely honest, we still don't have a title yet. Our label came to us and said we could wait wait until the first quarter of the new year—which works much better for us. That's the plan right now but don't hold me to it. We don't even have song titles nailed down yet. I couldn't even tell you one now if I tried.

https://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/twenty-years-later-sacramento-039-s-deftones/content?oid=18818995

ZND84

i'll be getting my driver's license back on December 26, so that'll be perfect timing for me if the album comes out during the first quarter of next year. I can just drive around aimlessly listening to a new Deftones record.