Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illthrowROCKS@U

It might, partially, be a marketing decision as well.  They don't want to release any singles until the songs are named, and they may want to give it a proper amount of time after releasing it/them before the album drops.  It might also be easier to market the beginning of the year, with a couple months of everything finished, then a rushed marketing campaign right after everything's finished at the end of the year.  It wouldn't be the ONLY reason for the delay, but it might be part of it (or at least the label's perspective of the decision), along with the guys themselves wanting a calm before the storm.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Northcal

Deftones 2016 gonna be good yr🤘

Far away

Deftones delaying a record? Nah, get out.

Northcal

They better have sum dope song names,lol💉

stu_101

Chino said on the BBC radio 1 rock show that they're likely to play a new song at the London Wembley show next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: stu_101 on Nov 12, 2015, 08:54 AM
Chino said on the BBC radio 1 rock show that they're likely to play a new song at the London Wembley show next week

:o  :o  :o

Northcal

Gaz

Quote from: stu_101 on Nov 12, 2015, 08:54 AM

That show probably won't even happen now

Northcal

I wish they would have the making of this new album on a deluxe Cd👌

stu_101

Andy Copping (Download Fest organiser) was recently on the 'that's not metal' podcast. Discusses organising the deftones Wembley show and some of the business decisions for choosing Wembley (quite interesting).

Also, as the UK deftones promoter, he's heard 5 songs from the new record that comes out in April. He said 4 of the 5 songs he heard are huge and said its going to be a monster year for deftones. Even said from what he's heard so far, this could be the record that sees deftones make the jump to a serious festival headliner.

endstand

Interesting. Had Deftones ever been counted as serious festivals headliners?
hello memory lover, you are mine

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Vesanic

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

HooiserBowhunter

Did that dude say album due out in April?

White Wrist

cvthedrv

E-Money

Well let's hope he is right . Sounds like he's been involved with them for a while now. Hoping this is their White Pony for the Sergio era!

Freedomsoldier17

just give us a single for the holidays plz